• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Side Panels

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How do I sew in the black side panels on the shirt?

I just sewed them over the top of the shirt but it didn't look very professional.

Also can the top be white?

Guest Sakara

Hi,

the standards state the sides of the top needs to be pale grey, as there are no images where it appears white.

Hmm the skirt. Have you got a waistband? the easiest way to bring the side panels over the front panel is to stitch them into the waistband, so that all seams sit underneath the waistband

How do I sew in the black side panels on the shirt?

I just sewed them over the top of the shirt but it didn't look very professional.

Also can the top be white?

Assuming you are working on the AOTC Concept version of Ventress, the colour standards for the shirt are:

* The center front of the shirt, the shoulders, the back, and the sleeves are pale gray.

* The side panels beneath the arms should be darker gray or black in color.

My guess would be that the top (centre front) cannot be white.

As for sewing the side panels on the shirt, you would probably get a better look if you used princess seams, so that you are actually sewing together the side panels to the front panel. (McCall's pattern M8107 would be a good example of this on a dress, you would have to modify it for a shirt.) It would probably also be a good if the two fabrics you're using are similar in weight and stretch.

I worked with a dark shirt and sewed the lighter pale gray (armour?) on top of that. That sort of layering seemed to work best.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks. Yeah, forgot to mention this is the AOTC version.

I was wondering about the colour because it seems white here:

VentressATOCConcept.jpg

Guest Sakara

Well as the standards state Assaj top is a combination of greys, so you could use a very pale grey for the top, but id avoid white totally as it can be too glaring. Even in the concept there is some shading to suggest darker tone than white.