• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Mara

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have had this finished since February and i have submitted it to the UK Garrison and im just waiting to hear back from them. :D

I have done both versions with cape and with cowl. And the shin & knee guards are based on the Decipher card and are made from ABS plastic.

And i do cover up my tattoos.

What do you think?

27012009726.jpg

[/img]26042009765.jpg

08022009743-1.jpg[/img]

Guest Daritha

I love redhaed girls in latex ... *cough* ... Ahm, I mean: Looks good to me. 8)

But serious: You're Mara IS looking good. Since the lower parts of the costume are not good visible on the pictures I can only judge the upper parts. The cowl, the goggles, and the backpack stripes are looking good. What lightsaber is this exactly? Look like Luke's to me.

Guest Daritha

Ah, right. I was just irritated by the blue color of the saber, I guess.

Do you have some pictures of your back side so we can see the back pack of the costume?

Guest Sakara

Hiya

you will need to either lighten your own hair or wear a wig to the red red colour of Mara's hair which is either blodne red to titian red.

as for tattoos. You can get coverup makeup specifically for tattoos from many places. Dermacover or Dermablend both do them. Google search also comes up with many other brands. Important that you layer the cover up very lightly over the tattoo and seal each time with setting powder..then once finally covered seal with a sealant spray. Dermablend i think does a colour number 32 i believe that is a neutraliser for black tattoos. Its a brick red colour and you paint that over the tattoo exactly. this corrects the tones for then when you put on the skin cover colour the black doesnt come through.

Guest Anonymous

Hello, i am getting a wig, its on its way.

I already have all my tattoo cover up stuff as i used to costume with KOTE in the UK as Fireside Padmé and Slave Leia so im used to covering them up 8) .

And here are some new pics, and a better one of the lightsaber blade as it did look very blue im gonna buy some nice new batteries. :D

Mara-FX.jpg

27012009727.jpg[/img]

17062009822.jpg

[/img]17062009823.jpg>17062009824.jpg

17062009825.jpg[/img]

17062009826.jpg[/img]

17062009827.jpg[/img]

17062009837.jpg

[/img]

Guest Daritha

The lightsaber looks awesome! Btw nice vacuum cleaner. ^^

I fear that you "backpack" wouldn't do it. The "backpack" is not only a metal ring.

Guest Sakara

im not sure the suit is the right material for the costume..im sure it says medium shine material, not gloss. the quilted sections dont look too even.

also that isnt the right gun mara uses and lastly there is far more detail on her back brace. its a specific design.

sorry to point those out, but im sure youd want this to be cleared by the UKG and im sure these have been pointed out.

Guest Sakara

im not sure the suit is the right material for the costume..im sure it says medium shine material, not gloss. the quilted sections dont look too even.

also that isnt the right gun mara uses and lastly there is far more detail on her back brace. its a specific design.

sorry to point those out, but im sure youd want this to be cleared by the UKG and im sure these have been pointed out.

Guest Anonymous

I appreciate the help, obviously with me trying to get it cleared with the UKG but i did submit it to them back in february and had no feedback what so ever untill the other day and they just mentioned the lightsaber and hair colour, i will have a look at the new clearance guidelines for the costume. :D

I like working on costumes :D , i will get it spot on.

Guest Daritha

You're not the only one who does. ;)

You will be a good Mara when all the details are finished.

Guest Sakara

Im sure on here with the guidelines and help from fellow Mara's youl be cleared in no time!

I appreciate the help, obviously with me trying to get it cleared with the UKG but i did submit it to them back in february and had no feedback what so ever untill the other day and they just mentioned the lightsaber and hair colour, i will have a look at the new clearance guidelines for the costume. :D

Sarah, I'm glad to see you here on the boards... and I'll be looking forward to meeting you at D*Con. I want to hear your accent! :-D

In looking over your photos, there are a few comments that I'd like to make.

First , as has been mentioned, you will need to replace the center piece on the back of your shoulder harness. It must be solid, and has some designs worked into it. I do like the sturdy, well-colored look of your leather, though. For the sake of comfort, you might want to make the shoulder straps a bit longer so they're not so tight against your arms.

BackHarnessHolster.jpg

Yup, you've gotta get a wig. If I have to wear one, then you do, too. Misery loves company.... bwahahaha! (Even considering what a hassle they are, I actually get a kick out of wearing wigs. It's amazing how much they can make you look like a different person!)

The sheen of the jumpsuit is okay... we should probably consider changing the notation about that in the standards. Simply put, it's practically impossible to find a 4-way stretch material in a low-sheen these days. Lower-gloss sources I found in the past have changed their material to a higher gloss. Your fabric is actually a slightly lower gloss than what I managed to find the last time I made a Mara costume for myself.

Photoshoot3.jpg

The quilting in the legs of your jumpsuit does look a bit off, but I can't tell if that's from the fabric shifting from the pose or if it truly is crooked. Either way, I imagine that would be pretty difficult to change at this point. I would advise checking it over, and seeing if something needs to be or can be done with it.

The blaster is okay. Mara has been shown to have quite a collection of weapons at her disposal.

WeaponsWall.jpg

I'm not certain about the lightsaber. At which point did she have that design? I can't keep track of all of them! If it's from her post-Empire days, then it would be good for a Rebel Legion version of Mara, but not for her 501st version.

Happy costuming!

Pam :-)