• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My AOTC Concept Asajj Ventress

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This is my Asajj costume, it's about 80% done. I just need to get a bald cap, lightsabers and "holsters" . Unless you guys see anything else that needs to be altered:

asajj008.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Made the pattern for a new neck piece as well as the vambraces. These sit alot better. Should work the same on the leather.

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

Guest Sakara

hello! and yeay! to another Asajj. really like the shaping of the new collar!

A few things id recommend changing to fit with the guidelines of the AOTC concept Assaj if you want this cleared for 501st.

The skirt needs to be ankle length and full and flowing. The skirt is designed in two sections. The back section covers the back and sides. The front section is narrow, but still very full. The front of the skirt may open over the front of each thigh, revealing the leggings beneath.

* A shorter over-skirt may be worn. This skirt is approximately knee length and is made of the same fabric as the rest of the skirt.

The belt will need changing - * A pair of black leather belts are draped to create an X pattern in the front.

* Alternatively, a single black leather belt may be worn.

* The front buckle is a large O shape. The buckle should be metallic, and may be silver, gray, or black in color.

* "O" or "D" ring attachment points for lightsabers are located to the front sides of the belt(s). They may be attached directly to the leather of the belt, or they may hang from short leather extensions.

No stripy socks/tights im afraid. Plain leggings are required in dark grey or black.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks.

The stripey stockings were all I had when I took that photo. I have black ones now though.

I'll have to look around and see if I can find a belt with a circle buckle.

I'm also adding two extra straps for the lightsabers to sit in.

But I interpretted the belt as a deep brown on my Sideshow doll and it looks brown in some of the comics.

How would I make the skirt like that? I've only ever made mini and pencil skirts.

I've got a bit of that material left, so it shouldn't be too hard to alter.

Over all, not as much as I thought I'd be asked to change.

Again, assuming you are wanting your costume to be cleared for 501st membership, you will need to follow the costume standards described for the AoTC concept version here.

To make a fuller skirt, you will have to increase the amount of fabric going around your hips, at least doubling if not triplling or quadrupling the amount. How much fabric you use will depend on what kind of fabric you've got. If you need a pattern, looking for something like this might be a good starting point:

untitled.jpg

This could be easily modified to accomdate the skirt opening over the front of the thighs.

How do you plan to add the:

"pattern of horizontal lines that encircle the shoulders and neck. " on the collar/neck armour?

Be sure and it can be form fitting with your final material. :)

Guest Anonymous

The collar looks a little loose there but it's just excess material for the zip. Oh and I need space for my hair to tuck into the back.

I'm sewing silver thread to make the circles.

And yes, this is for the 501st, although at this point I'm thinking it might be easier to be a Red Guard. Less make-up!

Still, I'm having fun making this costume, it's challenging.

With the skirt I think I could just add an extra panel at the back so it looks fuller.

Hehe, yes a Royal Guard would be much eaiser to just put on a bucket than do all the make-up. :lol:

You might want to check with Thomas, Pam or those who've been approved as this Asajj about the silver thread. I think most have used black thread and sewed in tubing or folded over the material, I'm not sure the silver thread would give the desired effect of the ribbing, but I could be wrong.

Guest Anonymous

Silver stand out more, when I was testing it out on leather the black was invisible.

Guest Sakara
I keep tripping on the cloak, can I take that up a little?

id take the cloak up till just as it hits the heels of your boots. it should be only just off the floor then, but still be sweeping. similar to Vaders cloak.