• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus questions

Guest Tfinley

Guest Tfinley

Greetings,

I have two questions in regard to a Nihilus build that I've started.

1. Where is the best place to get boots? I have two boots that I have found that meet the CRL by having no ornamentation but they both have a zipper. One pair has it on the inside part of the boot and the other pair has it on the back of the boot. I will post pictures of pair in a few minutes.

2. The second question is in regards to an item that is not on the CRL: pants. Would it be best to wear black dress pants or should I go with the black jeggings that many people are using on their Kylo Ren builds?

Thank you

Guest Tfinley

One last thing, if I were to purchase those boots I would be cutting that top triangle piece off and resealing the top of the boot after removal.

The top of the boots really won't be seen because of the skirt.  I don't think the zipper is as big of a deal either for the same reason.  My boots have a zipper on the inside.  For the pants under the skirt I wear black pajama pants.  I have worn dress pants before but, personally for me, they were a little harder to stuff into my boots.

Guest Tfinley

Ok the only issue I truly had was if you look at the CRL the boots look heavily weathered. Where as these books look new and stiff. I wasn't sure if they were two different materials.

Ordering the boots today

You only really see the bottom part of the boots anyway. As for weathering, just some light sandpaper to add in some scuffs is usually fine. You can then go running through some dirt or mud to get a more "worn" look if you want. As you wear the boots at troops they will naturally start to get weathered. 

For pants, I wear black underarmour leggings. I find they are a lot cooler to wear as this costume can get rather warm with all the layers. In colder weather, I will wear normal black pajama pants since they are a bit more cozy. As long as you wear black pants, it is totally up to you want kind. 

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Tfinley

Thank you on both counts...I probably will not go with the weathering on the boots.

Thanks for the idea on the pants. I work in a semi-cold environment and actually own a couple pairs of under armor black compression pants. They never even crossed my mind