• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade Chronicles FE Edition

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've finished my third version of the mockup, and there are still a couple of problems I had with it.

I've finally established that the torso is still 6 inches too long, but that's a fairly simple thing to fix. If I pull it up so that the shoulders are where they should be, the piping lays flat against me like it should. There is however a little crinkle on the inside part of the piping, and I'm not sure if that would be best fixed by taking in the sides a bit, or by moving the piping a little further in.

I used some batting and did the thigh panels differently this time, and I like the look of them way better. My question is, how do you deal with the piping and the batting? I've ended up with the piping along where the batting is looking really awkward and disproportionately huge.

Also, some images that don't have the diamond piece on the stomach, show piping in a sort of V shape that boarders the panels. Should I do that because of the piece of batting? And if I do then do I need to extend the thigh panels up just a little so that they fill the area between the piping and the V, or is it fine with them ending right at the thigh and the V being a little wider and lower, and having a sort of blank space?

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll snag some pictures that will help explain it.

Guest Anonymous

I finally got up the courage to start on my final version of the jumpsuit. There was a small time setback that had to do with blooming nut trees in the area. Now that that's started to settle back down, I've gotten back to work.

Right now I have the thigh panels and piping on the front part. I took pictures of it but photobucket has decided to conspire against me and won't let me load my pictures at the moment. Depending on how I feel later tonight, I'll either be sewing the front and back together and finishing it up here in a few hours or sometime tomorrow.

As of right now I'm really happy with how it's turning out, and I have managed to not make any mistakes, or at least not any that I couldn't fix. Hopefully it'll look even better when I get it on.

After that all I lack is a pair of gloves!

Guest Anonymous

The final version of my jumpsuit is nearly done, but there is one major issue. I can't bend over or sit down! I realize that some flexibility needs sacrificing but I'd still like the option to sit, or at least bend over and say hi to the little kiddies.

It's the seam right down the middle of the back (the part that extends under the zipper) that is giving me issues. In the crotch area I added a little diamond that's invisible to allow more flexibility in the legs, and so the fix that comes to mind is to extend that up to the zipper (which is very low on the back) to allow me that little extra room to ... expand.

My concern is if I do that is it going to make it unacceptable? I'm not thinking it's really going to show much because of where the gun sits, and it certainly won't show with a cape, but I wanted to be sure before I do anything else.

Guest Anonymous

Alright, just sent my application! Here are some pictures.

2ndbunch146.jpg

2ndbunch144.jpg

101_0516.jpg

101_0529.jpg

101_0539.jpg

101_0537.jpg

101_0552.jpg

101_0551.jpg

101_0546.jpg

Right.jpg

Guest Daritha

Congrats! Great job! :D

EDIT:

As I see you also got approved by the Rebel Legion! Congrats ... again!

3769-A.jpg