• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Asajj Make-up Questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just curious if anyone could provide any helpful tips on how you do your make-up for the Asajj costumes. I've been looking at different types of body paint and things, but it's really a rather confusing thing to just sort of jump into. So, really, I've got a couple of questions - okay, more like a couple dozen questions, but anyway...

What type of product did you use?

Where'd you get it?

How did you apply it?

Did you have any issues?

Also, any helpful tips on the bald cap issue would be greatly appreciated, too.

Thanks for your help!

Just curious if anyone could provide any helpful tips on how you do your make-up for the Asajj costumes. I've been looking at different types of body paint and things, but it's really a rather confusing thing to just sort of jump into. So, really, I've got a couple of questions - okay, more like a couple dozen questions, but anyway...

What type of product did you use?

Where'd you get it?

How did you apply it?

Did you have any issues?

Also, any helpful tips on the bald cap issue would be greatly appreciated, too.

Thanks for your help!

There is a bit of information about the different types of body paint and their application on my Twi'lek website, if that will help you any. I can't say anything about bald caps, though, because I've never used one beyond covering hair for head castings!

http://members.aol.com/Mitji/Twilek.htm

You know, it might be a good idea for us to start a Makeup and Appliances section in the Tutorials forum.... we've got some really talented makeup artists in the detachment, and it would be great to give everyone a place to share their knowledge!

Pam :-)

Done!

A Makeup and Appliances forum has been added.... perhaps we'll be able to collect some great tutorials for that aspect of our costuming endeavors!

Ventress ladies, I'm sure some makeup and bald cap tutorials would be greatly appreciated! (I know that there is some great information scattered about the Ventress forum... we just need to assemble things into one organized place!)

Pam :-)

Excellent!

I debuted my Ventress at Toronto's FanExpo this past weekend and have learned absolutely tons about doing a bald cap and water-based makeup. I will do my best to write up some stuff and post pics in the new forum in the next week or so.

Here's a pic:

Ventress_w-cape.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Oh awesome - a new forum just for these ideas. That would be incredibly helpful for a lot of these EU types of costumes. So thanks, Pam, for your help! :)

Kathgruben, I actually just found pictures of your latest Asajj on Flickr (I was doing a Google search for Asajj information). Loved the costume, and any tips you have will be greatly appreciated.

I'll keep an eye on the new forum, then, and wait and see what happens. :)

I have been told that a Woochie bald cap is a good brand to go with, and I actually read through your tutorial too, Pam, at someone else's recommendation. :) So the bodypaint information was priceless.

I was interested in the airbrushing idea, but I wasn't certain exactly what type of airbrush you use with this sort of thing. So any pointers in that department might be helpful, too.

i wrote out a baldcap application tutorial somewhere on here, ill see if i can find it and put it in the makeup section. Ive put on id say about 8 baldcaps now and each one was a learning curve, but what ive learnt and been taught ill happily pass on.

makeup wise..ill write up what ive used and what i use now.

i wrote out a baldcap application tutorial somewhere on here, ill see if i can find it and put it in the makeup section. Ive put on id say about 8 baldcaps now and each one was a learning curve, but what ive learnt and been taught ill happily pass on.

makeup wise..ill write up what ive used and what i use now.

Guest Anonymous

Kath, I found a Woochie bald cap, so I at least have that now. That was the brand name everyone seemed to throw around, so I think it's probably best. :)

Thanks for the link, PirateGirl. I'm really going to have to order my stuff soon since I'm planning to have this ready for a convention in October. Late October, but still...

Sakara - any help you could provide would be awesome. I can go back-tracking through the threads to try and find that tutorial, too. Thank you for letting me know it exists. All of this is a little intimidating...but fun. ;D