• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

treys saber (at least one of them)

Guest Anonymous

One cannot tell from the image provided as it is a fan made scene;

1. Darth Traya is never a part of your party.

2. The scripted sabre wielding Darth Traya uses one sabre.

3. Notice the sabre is held by a shadow of a hand--by the tyme Darth Traya is revealed to the gamer, her hand has been cut off.

Her alter ego/alias Kriea can be outfitted with whatever sabre, lightsabre, or gun combo the player fancies. That is why only her scripted appearance is acceptable for membership in the 501st.

We need a screen shot of Darth Traya's sabre from the flash backs. (I am not sure her sabre is shown in the flashback, before she lost her hand to Darth Sion. I am reworking my way through KOTOR up KOTOR II for confirmation of such details for my own interests.

The sabres she summons for the final battle are a product of Sith alchemy. 298910-kreia_super.jpg

Need a better image to determine the sabre model used here.

I personally would support either of the KOTOR sabre base models for membership, so long as the costume was done well.

10534_153952652753_695457753_3531949_1200879_n.jpg

(Just don't forget the PINK bow on the hilt!)

Be well,

Thomas

I'd say it probably is a skin, at least for the costume part. If I recall correctly, the only time you actually see Traya and not Kreia is after she's an NPC and in the Trayus Academy. For her to be standing with HK, that'd have to be a player-skinned scene.

Guest Anonymous

Fine by me as I've played the game once and didn't know if that was a branch I missed. All our Treyas are excellent. Well back to the grind stone offshore I'm getting addicted to this iPhone. Hope you all are doing well :D

DC2009014.jpg

As a gift for my best friend and for the experience, I set out to make this sabre for Demon.

The base sabre was largely done when I acquired it in person at the Ultrasabers workshop. (Yes I flew out to visit the shop.) At the tyme, it looked much like this;

SWCIV138.jpg

The pieces I obtained where the last of the run. They did not quite fit together as the original parts had been misplaced since the initial run.

When I returned home, I met with my local prop group and mounted the piece in a steel lathe to attend to reshaping the pieces to meet with greater tolerance. It was my first foray into machine work--and I enjoyed it.

After the pieces were made to fit again, I counter sunk the power switch into the pommel. I also cut the ring details into the neck to better match the game sabre. Then I set out to ignite the sabre.

I had intended to us 2 AA batteries, but after my fitting modifications, no AA battery housing configuration would fit in the sabre. So I used 2 C cells without housing. These just barely fit into the sabre body. i used the sabre body itself to complete the circuit.

This was a labour of love. For someone I love dearly.

Happy Birthday Demon.

Guest Anonymous

You have no idea what it means to me to have this lovely Sabre. :twisted::twisted::twisted:

I look at it constantly (as it's only a few feet away from me when I'm home, on the computer) & I marvel at it's beauty & the Love that went into it's making.

Thomas, you are truely something special. :wink::twisted:

& I think myself very lucky & privileged to call you my Friend. :twisted:8)

Guest Daritha

Can you feel the love tonight? ^^

0.jpg

Okay, just teasing. It's wonderful to see how costuming could found friendships over a long time. Know this from myself. ... *sniff* Grouphug, guys? :cry:

PS: Of course, the lightsaber looks marvelous. Like its directly ripped out of the game.