• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

hey maybe Darth Caedus have armor....

Guest Anonymous

Darth_Caedus.jpg

Darth Caedus' stat card picture from Star Wars Miniatures: Legacy of the Force.

JacenCaedus.jpg

Darth Caedus at the Funeral of Mara Jade Skywalker from Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

Guest Anonymous

Personally I dont like the miniatures version of Caedus. It seems impractical to me, and inconsistent with descriptions from the book.

SWminiLOTF04caedusLS-m.jpg

From our friends at Rebelscum.com

I think it is important to recognize that the books do not go into great detail in describing Darth Caedus appearance. A lot is left to the imagination of the reader (and the cover artist.)

It is my feeling that it is only a matter of tyme before Caedus has his own figure. I hope by that tyme the artists have clear and unique reference to draw from, be it other illustration or even a very well done costume.

Be well,

Thomas

It may not be three sources, but the two separate sources have enough basic details in common with each other to provide a basis for the costume.

The armored collar much like the Jerec collar, the segmented chest armor, and the belt are identical in both pictures (with a belt detail shown in the picture and not on the miniature.

From there, one looks like a combat suit and the other like a "senatorial" suit. As a matter of fact, the robe looks like it would be fun to do. It appears to be a Vader-like robe which is attached to a Vader-like cape. All as one piece.

But that is just me.

Guest Sakara
As a matter of fact, the robe looks like it would be fun to do. It appears to be a Vader-like robe which is attached to a Vader-like cape. All as one piece.

But that is just me.[/color]

or the robe is like Anakin ep2, but the front flaps are tucked into the belt instead of hanging loose at the front.

Guest Anonymous

In contrary to what the mini-fig looks like, I have had 2 sources tell me that Caedus's chest "armor" isnt actually armor at all. The garment is a sleeveless, knee-length, coat (possibly made from leather) with a V-shaped pattern in it. The "pattern" might be risen off the main body of the coat, or not. But in general, it is all soft in design. This comes from the artist Chris Trevas who drew that picture of Caedus above from Jedi v Sith, and also confirmed by Troy Denning (whom I met on his book tour) In fact, he had something interesting to point out. He said that when one is speaking of Caedus's outfit, they are actually talking about 2 different costumes. 1. is his GAG uniform, which he wears for a few of the earlier books, however all that we really know about this is that it is black. (though I like to imagine that it looks similar to what luke wears at the end of ROTJ.) and 2. the more regal garb that he wears instead of his uniform as pointed out in Revelation. I like to believe that it is this 2nd costume that we see in the picture of Mara's funeral. It is over this "coat" that Caedus wears his "anakin ep2-style" cloak, which he tucks the front tabard-like ends in under his belt.

Personally, as I said before, I prefer the JvS version better than the mini. To me, the mini looks like the artist was trying a bit too hard. It looks like Caedus is about to join a Steam-Punk Roller Derby.

**note that the statements made above are taken from Artist intrepretations and mostly i asked them what they saw when they were creating Caedus in their mind. They are not official statements or anything like that.

Guest Daritha

*sigh* This is on my Amazon pre-order list since November 2007 (I ordered it together with Aaron Allston's "Fury" and guess which I get first? ;P ).

But it looks good ... really really good. I hope that the maps and descriptions will have such a quality ... I hope, too, that I even get my copy of the Atlas! :?

Guest Anonymous
it looks good ... really really good. I hope that the maps and descriptions will have such a quality ... I hope, too, that I even get my copy of the Atlas! :?

Okay, for once ( :P ) I have to TOTALLY agree with Daritha that I Want This Book. Not Excuses.

That said, I am reading (at long last) the Legacy of the Force novels and am totally blown away by their fantasic characterization along with their brutal honesty about politics and warfare.

I'm looking forward to seeing a (psuedo) "canon" Darth Caedus costume posted one day on this esteemed site!