• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Force FX Kit (green blade), modding to red blade And paint

Rejean

So I took my FX vader blade and notched it with my exacto set to match my Kit hilt. I then painted my Kit hilt to match the Revan saber.

Kit saber with removable blade (130 canadian),

Extra vader blade (40 canadian).

Exacto kit

Green masking tape

Goldish/bronz paint

Medicine pill container (used as a spacer)

Notched out this shape from where the vader blade only had a small run as you can see to the left of the notch.

image.jpg10_zpsflf44nmq.jpg

on the other side I cut out this square notch.

image.jpg9_zpscamrn6eo.jpg

cut part of a medicine pill container to put in as a spacer.

image.jpg7_zpsnohjtgyu.jpg

taped off the top to paint

image.jpg13_zps27cqi0ue.jpg

painted it bronzish goldish

image.jpg14_zpsqhy6hcp6.jpg

not the best pic but you can see that on the bottom side of the hilt I have cut off the two black rubber o'rings off and painted the end to match the top. no progress pics, (sade face) but you get the idea from the previous pic from the top of the hilt. this pick also shows the blade and spacer in and ready to turn on.

image.jpg15_zpsnnspzk4b.jpg

final pic with blade on

image.jpg16_zpsqeqamvr0.jpg

sorry for the bad quality of the pics I was using my ipad, my camera is currently being used by my brother in law.

So before I attempted this mod to my sabers, I wrote an email to ultraforce sabers about changing the blades, this is the reply I got. I received this (below) reply after I did the mod, I didn't wait for their response before I just went a head and did it anyway, lol! it worked out perfectly, and now I have a green and red blade that fits in both hilts. their conversion costs $120.00 (minimum) and you DON'T get your old blade back, my option costs the cost of the blade and a little labor, no more than 2 hours, less if you don't include the paint prep and paint and dry time.

EMAIL CHAIN:

Received Feb 12, 2015 1:16 PM

Rejean, thank you for contacting us. No, the blades are not interchangeable, although, hypothetically you could potentially remove the pins from the black mount and swap the mounts between the blades. However, if the mounting holes don’t line up perfectly, then you risk damage to the blades, electronics, and could possibly ruin both sabers in the process. Another option would be to consider a conversion on your Kit Fisto model. The conversion changes the dynamics of the saber a bit, but you can choose what color you want the blade to be (one time only), the blade is still removable, and it can become much more functional than it was prior to the conversion. For information on this service, please visit http://www.ultraforcesabers.com/repairs ... on_service.

Thank you,

Ultra Force Sabers

Date: Wed 11 Feb 2015 4:23:48 PM MST

Name

Rejean

Email Address

Rejean@.....

Just wondering if I have the vader force fx lightsaber removable blade, can I replace my Kit force fx savers blade with my vader blade to have a red blade?