• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Revan Build WIP

Revanite

Hi. I'm working on a Darth Revan build. I'm a teacher so I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on Rob's spendid armor so I'm trying to make mine myself. Here's my progress so far...

16342618385_1d0e239a33_b.jpg

15720200374_a5bed47d3c_b.jpg

16316677966_3537ce54c7_b.jpg

16155254300_02e58f3a80_b.jpg

16155254260_6c6aff2067_b.jpg

16156739937_4cea42c5fc_b.jpg

16156739927_f6d43a5334_b.jpg

16155034108_eb373efd82_b.jpg

16156451159_deef9816b2_b.jpg

15720200204_cbfc777dc1_b.jpg

Hey buddy

I am assuming you used eva foam for the armour bits. Ok in the armour pictures i can see the color is not gold and its more of a copper colour . good one. I will recommend to add some black wash to it so it removes the shiny gold color that you can see in the other images.

this will give it the antique look and it also looks less fake and more metal :)

one thing I would also recommend is to improve the claps to a lobster type of clasp. the one that holds the cape to the front chest plate.

Now also depending on where you are based your local GML will require different things that for example in the UKG

we require a back plate to get cleared

i will suguest contacting your local Garrison and ask themif this is a requirenement.

also in some of you images the armour around your belly tends to stick out at the sides. having a back plate will also make sure the armour is fitted all round

hope that makes sense

Thanks for the feedback. My local garrison is Star Garrison - I'm still waiting to hear from them. I did use EVA foam for the armor pieces. Again thanks for the tips.

Hey buddy

I am assuming you used eva foam for the armour bits. Ok in the armour pictures i can see the color is not gold and its more of a copper colour . good one. I will recommend to add some black wash to it so it removes the shiny gold color that you can see in the other images.

this will give it the antique look and it also looks less fake and more metal :)

one thing I would also recommend is to improve the claps to a lobster type of clasp. the one that holds the cape to the front chest plate.

Now also depending on where you are based your local GML will require different things that for example in the UKG

we require a back plate to get cleared

i will suguest contacting your local Garrison and ask themif this is a requirenement.

also in some of you images the armour around your belly tends to stick out at the sides. having a back plate will also make sure the armour is fitted all round

hope that makes sense