• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Pickles' Darth Talon Build v1.0

Pickles

Hello everyone! This is my first attempt at a Talon build so please go easy on me.

Here is what I have so far. I'd like input from the experts on things that I can improve.

Let me start off with, I do know the lekku are too short for Talon. Those will be upgraded in time. :) I also know the body suit is not approvable. I wouldn't mind some input on the tattoos though for future reference. It seems like there's quite a bit up for interpretation based on the different reference images from the comics. Those tattoo templates are somewhat difficult to interpret.

Here are my build progress photos:

The body suit is lycra that I rolled liquid latex on (2 coats) to make it appear more skin-like and hide the seams.

The paint is reel creations air brush ink. I mixed red with deep red to get a darker tone.

The gloves, bikini top, belt, and boots are leather.

The armor plates are 22 gauge steel that has been acid etched for the black color. The straps are leather that have been riveted on and close with velcro.

I'd love tips on how to keep the boots and gloves up - so far I have tried duct tape (failed), double sided tape (huge fail), and hooks (mild success? The hooks pull on the suit and cause wrinkles).

Here are the most up to date photos of where the costume is now:

10423969_1394101720812147_8833965933883164821_n.jpg

10382833_1394098274145825_4067565761759697127_n.jpg

10449949_1394101680812151_3087239209152164015_n.jpg

I have been viewing your facebook. You've really worked hard! Darth Talon is one of those characters who, despite wearing little clothing, makes you think a lot like putting this and it will not fall, what material do this. etc.

I give you a lot of encouragement and patience because for the 501 approved, you'll need more than a bodypaint and longer lekku.

You'll have to redo the bikini, must have 3 lines (yours only have 2). The back could not see it.

Your armor is awesome and the color is perfect. But it needs aged. You not had any battles against rebels!

Maybe your armor slips from your body because it is heavy?

My gloves are so tight in my arms, no slip even wearing armor attached with velcro on them. I think that's the secret. and armor no weighing.

Here some tips for body tattoos and face makeup

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2542

Your chest tattoo need be bigger, and the abdomen smaller. and probably some other details.

The leather parts belt probably have to be redone. The Talon belt is a strip of thick leather (like a normal man belt black color) with two engraved lines. And out of the metal pieces 4 long strips to mid shin.

nfms.jpg

There are more than not if I can explain it well, English is not my native language.

The buckle has a hole (nibble) in the top, right? it should show red skin, no black leather.

You need to add the "Butterfly Antenna" to head armor

Sorry to be so many things. :( After hard work it hurts . I know because I've been in your shoes but the judges will be harder than me! Do not expect this to be the only things ... they may ask for more changes.