• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

SuperFLY's Revan build WIP

SuperFLY

Hey all,

Finally getting round to posting this up.

I've been working on this a while, re-painting etc.. lost a bit of momentum but I'm back on it now and hopefully I'm a bit closer.

Here are a few pics, comments welcome :)

14249325363_83b3f8886f_b.jpg

14042489138_fbd9c06cbd_b.jpg

14225844481_e9c22ef6ce_b.jpg

14249323393_18cfe6e0db_b.jpg

14225844241_3262b4af60_b.jpg

14226828522_ce7afc83ff_b.jpg

And flexing my dark side powers at wales comic con :D

14046552708_40b8cd3f68_b.jpg

I'm still in need of sabers, all my contacts have fallen through or said they can't do it :(

Next job will be the back piece. The guy I got the kit from didn't do the back (it's not MWA, it's someone in the UK). I was thinking of making it from worbla. I have some and some craft foam so I'm going to have a go soon. Will make up a template with an old t-shirt with my brestplate on and see where I need to make it to, to join up with it.

I already have the ribbed section to match the front and rings to attach.

As said, comments/advice welcome.

Thanks

Dave

Guest Crixe

Looks really good, I like the way your armor paint turned out you did an amazing job.

Steve - Alpine Garrison

Looks really good, I like the way your armor paint turned out you did an amazing job.

Steve - Alpine Garrison

Thanks Steve that means a lot :D

I was dreading doing the paint as I don't think I do too well in that department (bit of a patience failure when prepping, waiting for coats to dry, etc..)

The advice I got on here re. black washing helped a lot, the weathering went brilliantly once I knew what I was doing there

Looking forward to see your backplate mate.. :) share some images once you start making it.

Also in my opinion always make sure your pleats are well ironed :) makes the costume look better when you can see defined lines n the material and it doesnt look like its been at the bottom of the washing basket before a troop

will do.

heh definitely. not got a lot of room so its been hung up with a few other costume bits and got a bit creased. for troops i'll make sure the iron comes out :)

what are your general thoughts on it so far Alan? anything looking like it needs altering/changing so far?

Guest Crixe

Steve - Alpine Garrison

Thanks Steve that means a lot :D

I was dreading doing the paint as I don't think I do too well in that department (bit of a patience failure when prepping, waiting for coats to dry, etc..)

The advice I got on here re. black washing helped a lot, the weathering went brilliantly once I knew what I was doing there

It's always nice to see someone elses costume gives me ideas for my own, pushes me to finish the vacuum form armor templates I've been working on for mine.