• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Crafting Revan Modes

Guest Crixe

Guest Crixe

So one of the detachment leaders (of the standard 501st alpine garrison) came by to an armor party I was attending today and she pointed out somethings that really stuck with me, one of them being that the armor I was making wasn't straight/even/clean enough. She was excited that I was working on it as I'll be the only active Revan in our detachment (kudos). So with her pointing out those details I decided to go ahead and take my revan armor (didn't make patterns of anything else) together into vacuum form patterns so that I can make them clean smooth and as close to game references as possible I will be posting links here as I work on them and want every note advice you can give as I want these to be photo quality parts. Also if you need to get ahold of armor I can make copies. I'm basing everything off screenshots of the model (mind you adding curves etc and smoothing it out till it's smooth as glass).

I'd be happy to keep an eye on this thread and I'm sure Alan will too, if one of us doesn't see something I'm sure the other will. We'll be sure to help you out.

Guest Crixe

Right now I'm waiting on the hand armor mold to dry fully and starting on the upper chest armor, then I'll be doing some side projects too. I'll start uploading photos, I've made templates of every part and eventually I hope to be able to push out copies for the whole Alpine Garrison (few of us are looking to do Revan's and I'm hoping to do most of the leg work then trade/sell copies). In the end I am hoping to have the molds finished this month.

Guest Crixe

Sadly the work is going slow right now I just finished a upper chest plate but it will need to be vacuum formed after I shape it with the base skin of it with Worbla.

Guest Crixe

Small Update I really need to finish the armor parts chest is ready to be set in Warbla (cheaper stuff I use for a pre cast due to it's ability to be formed in large area then vacuum formed yeah it's a little messy but they don't stick to each other too bad.) Forms a mold then we cast it in Ultra cal and work it into a usable state for Vacuum Forming. This little guy was a 3d drawing I made up then had a guy 3D print and we made a cast of it in resin so we could create copies at lower cost. but maintain the same level of accuracy. It requires a bit of work to round it off and that's an oversight on my part not making the drawing have more vectors.

IMG_20140719_244957716.jpg