• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hip and leg tattoo question

Guest wampadude

Guest wampadude

Currently I am helping 2 girls build their talons, and have been racking by brain on the tattoos, especially in the hip region.

As a graphic designer and former illustrator myself I can fully understand taking artistic liberties when drawing the tattoos over and over again, but in this region of talon it seems that there is quite a bit of variety. (see sample below). I have also checked out the links provided of tattoos, but as for the tribal (sith) tattoo these markings just don't make much sense to me. Everywhere else on her body, there is crisscrossing, mirrored and parallel bands of black but in the it seems like the hip are is just so random.

In some panels it looks like they attach to the back tattoo, but as previously mentioned even the lower back varies. In some it looks like they are on their on heading up the hip bone . I just can't seem to find a defined pattern like so much of the rest of her tattoos.

I also have looked at both of the graphic mockups (Thanks to Pam and Okashi), both of these are awesome and super helpful for rebuilding the rest of the tattoos, but in the hip area, these 2 graphics also vary. I was wondering if there is a defined pattern here that has been settled upon? If so, some examples of this area on an actual 501st member would be super helpful.

talonhip_zps9c30d6b5.jpg

Hello Wampadude

The most useful image is this

TalonTorsoPattern.jpg

In my opinion belly sides or hips are just like that

http://www.twilekparadise.com/darth_talon_tattoos.htm

(down in the page)

a piece goes under the belt and connects to the leg and also connects to the low back.

The hardest thing is the size corresponding to a real person

Share your progress with us and we will help as we can. ;)

I recommend you print or paint in a paper, cut, and put tattoos on the skin and take a photo and then compare the images of Darth Talon