• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Female imperial knight

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Yay! This is the third time I tried to register, and finally I got trough. Thomas Spanos guided me to this spot a while ago, but as I just mentioned, I had some difficulties. But here I am, and I'd like to show you my latest costume. It's been accomplished since this summer but I wrote a tutorial some weeks ago. It's still in Dutch but I'm hoping to translate it some day in the near future. Anyway, the pictures will maybe inspire other cosplayers :) You can find more pics of the costumes and other stuff at http://sofie3387.deviantart.com/

Imperial_knight_tutorial_by_Sofie3387.jpg

We are honoured that you could join us.

Wonderful to see you here at last Sofie. I did not know that you made a tutorial. If possible please post larger images. I know all our members would very much enjoy to see images of your progress in detail.

Be well,

Thomas

Guest Anonymous

Thank you all for the warm welcome and nice comments :)

Thomas: I just made it some days ago so it's normal you didn't know about the tutorial :)

I hope the tutorial clears a bit of my strange methods of making armor, even if it's in dutch. If someone has questions, please do not hesitate to ask, I dodn't write everything down and I don't have pictures of every phase because the photocamera gave up :( but I still know what I did so...

Guest Anonymous

Hey Sofie,

greetings from germany and you did a wonderfull job on your suit. I realy hope that my suit also would be as nice as yours next month at JediCon here in germany.

Greetings Guido

Guest Anonymous

Aaah! I'm not attending JediCon, why is everybody going now, just when I decided I don't have the money for it?

But thanks for the comment anyway, I'm looking forward to see pictures of your costume and maybe see it in real life? (at FACTS?)

Guest Anonymous

Lovely armor and so glad to have you here! :D Even from what I can tell from just the pictures, your armor construction method is pretty inspiring :)

Guest Anonymous

I'm not sure it's a durable way of constructing but it is at least not too expensive and a bit easier to find and easier to use (like fiberglass... I don't know where to start!)

My armor only has lost a bit paint but nothing broke since I made it in august.

Guest Daritha

By now this thread is over a year old but I saw your costume Sofie and only want you to know that you did make an awesome job!

I was sitting in front the monitor with the following expressions (chronological order): :shock: ... :cry: ... :o

Really great work. No doubt.

Guest Anonymous

Sofie, I love it! :)

Definitely something I'd be interested in doing one day and if anybody can translate the tutorial for me it would be very much appreciated!

Guest Anonymous

Okay I got it translated, wahoo!!!!

It's a bit beyond my skill level but definitely something I'd still be up for in the future. Think I'll focus on Azlyn Rae for the time being and then get to work on this once I get "smarter" at craftsmanship.

But your method DOES look great Sophie and I'll be using it for my current project too. :)