• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Smaller Acolyte - Build Thread

Guest daennika

Guest daennika

Hey guys

So I decided to post pictures of my build here. I received the KWD kit for the TOR Jedi and I'm going to mod that.

I commissioned separated pieces from Wolfgang, like the latex parts for the neck seal and the mid-section layer, elbow and shoe armor.

I still need to get finger/thumb armor pieces, and that little canister thingy on the belt.

The lightsaber is commissionned too, but no idea when that will be ready.

Here are the accessories I ordered so far:

Tactical gloves:

511TACA2Glovesblack.jpg?t=1384937559

2 x Knife pouch:

52087_0.jpg?t=1384937506

Tactical boots, which I already have:

13d945a2-751e-48b0-9541-2f10f4140ad6.jpg

Just received this morning!

small_mask_received.jpg

I'm happy because it fits my face and isn't too large. Some padding at the top will be needed so that my eyes keep aligned to the visors. Which make me realize I need to find the right kind of mesh to cover those bad boys!

Now for the tough part: the armor kit.

Rough trimming done.

small_boxtrimjob.jpg

Hand plates aren't satisfactory, and too wide. I have tiny hands... but before commiting to a size I'm waiting for the gloves to ship in.

small_handtrim.jpg

The gauntlet pieces don't align well, and will be tough to glue together. Also, extra padding in these or just trim the crap out of the extra sizes?

small_gauntlet-2.jpg

The belt section needs to be heavily modded...

small_belttrim.jpg

One good thing at least is the chestplate. It's basically done.

small_chesttrim.jpg

With Bondo or some other filler type of coating, I may be able to accentuate the details and re-work the design so that it looks closer to the Sith Acolyte armor design, and not just a painted over TOR Jedi Knight.

This week, I plan to look for cloak fabric, and to learn how to use a sewing machine :D