• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

WIP: SWTOR Redeemed Revan

Kylo

I understand that THIS version of Revan is very very Rebel.

But you are the EU guys..and you are the Revan guys, so with that said I would love some input on my Revan Redeemed costume I am currently in the process of working on.

***This costume has not been attempted or approved via the Rebel Legion***

I will make updates as I progress, and changes as you guys see fit.

Thank you for any and all help!

Dawn Bright

SL13377

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/ ... 299bad.jpg

Redeemed Revan CRL Guide

Written By: Dawn U Bright (Amidalas)

HAS NO BEARING ON A REAL CRL I WROTE THIS, IT IS FAKE AND TO BE USED AS A GUIDE WHILE MAKING MY COSTUME

Needed

1. Tight fitting torso shirt with Grey trim on front wrapping around neck

2.Full Dark charcoal or black Skirt with long Burgundy Banner in front with 5 pleats on either side of Burgundy Banner and two smaller Burgundy banners in back, 4 pleats run down back center.

3. Chest armor with mildly rigid design in chest region, fabric or leather appearance wrapping around body. With designs consistent with original reference.

4. Black or almost black Hood attached to body armor

5. Tabards that do not extend past the belt with leather straps and 4 small metal like circles attached

6. Burgundy base colored Shoulder bells with silver trim consistent with reference

7. Brownish Grey Obi with sweeping ornate design consistent with reference, accents of gold and green are present

8. silver/grey belt with 7 lines running horizontal across entirety, large red and Grey jewel set on center.

9. 4 pouches 2 square and 2 oval on belt

10. Secondary belt hangs from Grey belt holding large center Grey circle, cascading brown leather straps hold 8 more Grey circles, wrapping around body.

11. Black or dark charcoal gloves with red cuffs, detailed in silver or Grey trim

12. Simple Black or Grey Boots

Optional

Revan Lightsaber

Revan Mask with Balacava

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/ ... feaa0e.jpg

My Rebel Legion WIP http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48040

SWTOR Revan has been a big point of debate since the game came out. I personally think he could be approved for both 501st and Rebel Legion in this outfit, but that's just my opinion and I don't actually get to make those calls. It's left very much open to interpretation whether or not he's a dark or light side character in light of the events of SWTOR.

That said, I think you're very brave for taking this costume on! It looks quite complex compared to the traditional Darth Revan from KotOR. But you did great with Starkiller, so I have faith in you. :D

I really wish there was a version of Revan we could get approved for RL. I thought about perhaps pitching the Star Forge armor (light side) at some point, but I don't know if that's considered canon enough.

I never got around to playing KOTOR and perhaps one day I will. Hell, I only just played Forces Unleashed I & II. I first learned about Darth Revan from SWTOR. I felt like he was an awesome character even if he did seem a bit confused as to which side he wanted to be on :) I have to say I never really understood the mess going on with his shoulders in the SWTOR chest piece. I like the version listed in 501st CRL better and so I am trying to learn how to do all this costuming stuff. I wish you the best of luck with the SWTOR version and I hope you can get a better grasp on all that material around his shoulders than I could.

It's left very much open to interpretation whether or not he's a dark or light side character in light of the events of SWTOR.

you could easily argue light side considering as empire you have to fight him and as republic you save him in the storylines.

says light side to me ;)

You fight Malgus and plenty of other darksiders as Empire.

Revan is working on committing genocide of 80% of the Imperial population or whatever number is listed. That's hardly the act of a 'good' person.

It'll be debated officially once there's a costume to actually approve and most likely not before.