• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

SwampKat's Mara

Jesikah08

Nice work!

Some details that might be a concern:

The harness piece on your back is too large. It's considerably larger than the reference images.

normal_BackHarnessHolster.jpgnormal_2DetPacks.jpg

The jumpsuit is well made. It looks sturdy and fits you very well. (I wish I was that skinny!) I can see that the jumpsuit has the piping on the front. Does it also have the quilted panels on the thighs? I think I can see them, but they tend to be difficult to confirm in pictures sometimes. I recommend being sure to submit a picture that shows them clearly when you apply for approval. Even a closeup can help show the LMO that they're present.

Your hair has a red tint, but I don't think it's red enough for approval. Do you have a wig to match Mara's hair color?

Yup, paint the shin guard designs. You're right for that detail!

I have not seen a reference that shows a thigh strap on the holster. However, I would leave it there unless the LMO asks you to remove it. That is a piece that is regularly seen on thigh holsters, so he may be willing to overlook it. If not, it should be easy to remove. If he does tell you to remove it, but you still want something there to keep the holster in place, it may work to put a black elastic strap there. It wouldn't be visible, but would serve the same purpose.

I'm glad to see another Mara about to join the Legion.... it's such a fun costume to wear!

Pam :-)

Thanks! My garrison LMO is the one who did all of my leatherwork. He said he saw others that were approved with the thigh strap on the holster. The jumpsuit does have the quilted pattern on the thighs. I plan to dye my hair a shade lighter or two for approval.