• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Help with costume concept/ opinions please?

Kylo

Short of sounding like a fool amongst you awesome people, I will just say what id like to do.

First I will explain why I want to do the following and maybe someone can guide me in the right direction based on what i like. I want to get this costume right and something that I really like.

1. I like "Jedi robes"

and

2. I like masks (acolyte mask is amazing)

Based on that info, is there any character type that fits??

I am having a heck of a time finding anything. It is even possible????

(basically an acolyte without the typical armor you see)

I don't even know if I have come to the right forum... sorry. Any help is so appreciated!

*newb newb*

Thanks!

Dawn

First off welcome. Second you may want to check out Darth Nihilus. He's a pretty Sith Lord with an awesome mask and killer looking robes.

There are even two different versions of him.

The one from KOTOR and the COTF version which in my opinion is a whole lot cooler.

Thank you sooo much for the kind welcome! I adore the look of Darth Nihilus as well as Revan. They might be my only way to go for the look I desire. Should I contact my local garison and ask if there is a greater need for either?? Or does it not matter?

Again thank you!

Edit: Yes you are right... ahh amazing. I think youve sold me on em! ;) I had looked at him as an option. But now that you mention him, looking at his robes up close this might be the perfect answer.

Guest [RBG]_Jaster

Definetly get in contact with your local Garrison, as for what they need more it won't matter, just do the costume you like best.

The only thing that may sway you one way or the other is cost, the good people here and in your local garrison can certainly help you out with those questions.

Good luck with whichever build you decide to go with and remember to ask lots of questions before you lay down your hard earned cash.

I just happen to have a Nihilus mask for sale at a great price hint hint haha.

Another cool character that was just brought out is the Jedi Temple Guard on the Clone Wars. The costume itself seems like it would be a blast to build and on top of that it fits your "wants". Just giving you options, have a fun time on here :)

Jedi_Temple_Guard.png

I just happen to have a Nihilus mask for sale at a great price hint hint haha.

Another cool character that was just brought out is the Jedi Temple Guard on the Clone Wars. The costume itself seems like it would be a blast to build and on top of that it fits your "wants". Just giving you options, have a fun time on here :)

Jedi_Temple_Guard.png

Not sure why that double posted my comment but whatever I guess.

Also every costume starts somewhere, if not for people starting CRL's and attempting to get new costumes approved we'd be at a consistent standstill for costumes. We're currently in the process of having the Sith Acolyte approved, that as well has less air time then the Jedi Temple Guard; but yet it's on it's way.

Funny enough i had found an image of the temple guard as well. i was left drooling.

If i wasnt 90% done with my jedi adventure robe and have such a strong desire to join the 501st id be started on that!

Question. Do you have to have your 1st costume approved for the 501st be a non EU?

Also thank you for everyones help! Im very torn between

Revan

Sith Acolyte

Nihilus

All amazing. Im debating not being a wuss and attempting armor haha. You guys are a plethora of useful information and tutorials! :)

For any of your costumes it wouldn't matter, as long as they're 501st approved and you send in your images for approval to the proper detachment; whether it's a "film" costume or EU.

@ amidala

You should just get a sith acolyte! why? it is the perfect combination of mask/bucket, armor, robe and weild a light saber!

Your costuming skills and resourcefullness will be upgraded with this costume. Nipshank has the perfect combo for a sith acolyte build!

Still have the items, but had to post them on eBay since I wasn't getting any bites on the forums. Never like selling on eBay and sooner give deals to the people on here.