• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Lekku's tattoo references and tips

Okashi

Please, look carefully these images. Can see it one or two tattoos references.

The rest of the tattoos are spikes that intersect.

In the left head side 4 or 5 curved spikes.

Back of head is black.

The right head side, all black.

On the top of the lekku (over the "triangle tattoo with a rhombus in the center") some spikes that intersect, different interpretations.

darthtalonlatexlekkutattos.jpg

Don't use my signature image for reference, that lekku are unfinished.

Notice to all new applicants

I want to also monitor lekku tattoos.

To this day (12 May 2013) Kaieta not have to change the tattoo's lekku because they painted their tattoos before I post these images

but all others must show me a preview of their tattoos' lekku before painting to give them the nod.

Guest Brit
Notice to all new applicants

I want to also monitor lekku tattoos.

To this day (12 May 2013) Kaieta not have to change the tattoo's lekku because they painted their tattoos before I post these images

but all others must show me a preview of their tattoos' lekku before painting to give them the nod.

Are you a costume judge now? Are the standards changing to include this? This is what I see:

"* All areas of exposed skin should be painted red.

* Black Sith tattoo patterns should also cover all exposed skin.

* While the Sith tattoo patterns on the arms, legs, lekku, and back tend to vary from one reference image to the next, there is a consistent and well established tattoo pattern on the face, chest, and stomach. These consistent patterns should be reproduced as accurately as possible, while the rest may be interpreted by the costumer based on any reference image."

Is it not still correct?

Guest Aysel

I think something got lost in translation here. What I feel she's trying to say is that she's found references were it only varies slightly and new applicants should look at the references carefully when painting the lekkus. If someone needs help, she's already done the extensive research, so why not ask her if they are getting the lekku tattoos right. She is supposed to be our resident Talon expert ^_^

As more people have eyes on the references for this costume with the intent to build it, I can see the CRL for this getting more focused and detailed.

CRl in a non-visual guide. REFERENCE IMAGES are the visual guide.

I know that when a girl make a Darth Talon costume for 501st, are all stressed and blind. All the research, study and help guide that we can make are usefull.

I'm no a judge but knows Darth Talon. If you ask "am I look good?" to your brother, He answered "yeah you look good" (but he no knows nothing of Darth Talon). The recruiters only says "see reference images, see the reference images" I really would have liked to have the support of someone to tell me, "this really right or wrong or could be improved, make in this and this way" that have much knowledge of Darth Talon and this exclusive dedicated to this costume.

Sorry for forgot you Britt :oops::oops::oops: , I thinked that you go out of the forum and no return anymore, your lekku have the tattoos painted, no re-make it if you think that are good. But if you think that you can make better... is your decision change it or not.

I like it each person show me every step that she will do before do it and to advise. If feel shy in public can send the pictures by private and I put it in the private forum recruiters if needed.

Guest Brit

Yeah. I had to get up to the task of correcting mine, so I put it on hold for a while. I just wanted to make sure I didn't need to repaint mine. Although that may happen anyways. They don't have the lines on the side right now, so I just wanted to make sure that didn't have to be corrected. :)

Guest Kaieta

I actually just started redoing the tattoos on mine so they should be closer (you can't see it from the images but I have the under lekku-into-forhead spikes and the rombus) Only thing I don't have are the spikes off to the sides of the rombus which now my OCD is kicking in and I might just start over

Edit: Turns out I do but I don't know what the hell I was looking at when I painted them, I did them facing each other directly under the rombus. Looks like I'll be grabbing another set from you sometime in the near future Okashi