• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Imperial Knight WIP

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey im Pete, and well ive been hanging around here for a little while now, so I thought Id say that im working on my IK right now. its my second costume (1st was a jedi), and my first time even thinking about trying armor at all. I actually got an inexpensive IK armor set off of ebay, and will be re-working it to my size and liking. Im so nervous about jumping right in, but thomas' armor convinced me that I should see this to the end. Anyway... any help or suggestions would be great, and ill try to get some pics posted in the next couple of days. (now whered did i put that darn camera)

Guest Anonymous

well its been a month and im here to update the post. 8) I now have a vader undersuit to go with the armor, only I ran into a slight problem with it.... the undersuit on the knights appear to end on the neck, and mine ends at the collar. Thomas did your suit end at the collar or neck? :? I was freaking out about this for about a week thinking about what I could do. Im still not sure, but for the time being Im using a cloth stormtrooper neckseal to make it look a little better. Im still working on the chest armor, but am considering scrapping it and starting anew with that as I already know ill have to do with the shoulder pieces. and thats the bodysuit story. When I next get down to minneapolis im gonna get the supplies I need to get the belt, as I would like to make this one myself. unless of course someone knows anybody who does leatherwork like that as its been a couple of years since I worked with stock leather like that. Ive got a belt clip for the lightsaber so itll hook/unhook easily. I just got my IK saber in the mail today 8):twisted: . I got it from a seller on ebay who makes them (to my knowledge). For some reason though, I noticed on Ebay that I bid, won, and paid for two IK sabers on ebay. Im not sure what ill do with the second one, but ill ford that river when I get to it. hmm..... does anybody know someone that could do the tabards??? anyway thats the story for now. I will post pix of the new stuff, along with pix of the costume being worn so far when I find my camera (I actually misplaced it this time in the mess I call home) well, If anybody has any tips or suggestions, especially with the undersuit or the the tabards let me know (*cricket* cricket*).

Guest Anonymous

because of file size issues, I had to reload smaller versions of the IK armor on the flagship gallery. That way, I could have room to upload pictures of the new IK sabers in my possession. one is made by a ebay seller and and the second was made by doclo. you can check them out here in the IK progress album. http://theflagshipeclipse.com/gallery/i ... ?cat=10014

normal_September2807%20349.jpg

normal_September2807%20357.jpg

::geeky jealous sigh:: I wish I had the right equipment to cut perfect sections out of a saber like that. It looks so cool....

Thanks for posting your updates; I'm enjoying the chance to follow your costume overhaul progress!

Pam :-)