• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Mara Jade Wig

Guest cockroach

Guest cockroach

Hey everyone, I have a member from the Rebel Legion that is wanting to make a Mara Jade outfit and she is wanting to know if these wigs are acceptable? :D

Wig #1

T2eC16VzEE9s3YlBROmwS2Cdw60_3_zps70a7e42c.jpg

Wig #2

T2eC16R0E9s37F0gVBQ0yroQfeg60_12_zps8219bd81.jpg

I know she'll have to shorten the length of wig. I've seen other Mara's with this shade of red.

Thanks for the help.

David Jordan

TB-6559

Carolina Garrison

Hi,

Either of these wigs would be fine. The one on the bottom looks like it would be a better quality. The one on the top looks a bit rough in texture, which I've found tends to lead to a lot of tangles and frustration!

Pam :-)

Guest RogueTrooper
Hi,

Either of these wigs would be fine. The one on the bottom looks like it would be a better quality. The one on the top looks a bit rough in texture, which I've found tends to lead to a lot of tangles and frustration!

Thank you for your help Pam with this, I see your hair color for Mara is more "strawberry blonde/red" Do you have a know source/site for wigs in this shade?

Thank you again,

Tom

CO Carolina Garrison

I actually have two Mara wigs. One is a darker red "put it on and go" wig that I wear for short events which is similar to the color of the wigs above, and the wig in my signature image. That one is a lace front wig, and I splurged when I had it made. It's human hair, custom dyed to match the reference images of Mara that I sent to them. I don't recommend going that route. In the end it proved to be more expensive than I had anticipated, and the chemical damage that the bleaching and coloring did to the hair has proven to be pretty bad. I condition that poor wig every time I use it, but it still looks like the victim of a tragic wind tunnel accident. The lace front looks awesome and people always think it's my real hairline, but I have to wear the hood up every time I use that wig, to hide the condition of the hair!

Guest Fluffydragon

Yay, I made an account. I am the person who asked about the wigs. I ended up going with this one after all:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251236999320?ss ... 1497.l2649

I kept looking at the red wigs and decided they're just TOO red, for me, even though I love my own hair red. So I went searching. Again.

I didn't really care for 'orange' wigs and wanted to find something that looked more like a natural light red hair color. Hopefully the photo does it justice. It has a fringe, but I think I can spray that back or to the side and bring some of the other hair forward.

I'm looking forward to digging up more tips about Mara. I worked on my jumpsuit last night, but then realized that I made the thigh panels too narrow at the top of the leg, so I have to cut them off and re-do them. Fortunately, I can salvage my fabric since they were too small, and I need to cut out the area bigger.

I also need to pick up some dissolving sewing paper because my normal machine will NOT pick up the thread in the spandex I"m using. I don't know why.

It looks beautiful! I'll be interested in seeing how you style it. I always have the hardest time picking and then styling wigs. They're my arch enemies, right after the sewing machine and serger! :-D

My sewing machine didn't like the material, either. It's too sticky. Folks kept telling me to get a teflon foot, but I never could figure out which one to get for my machine. Good luck!

Guest MJLolanaK

Would love a link to the second wig in the original post, I need to find another good quality darker red wig as my old one is kinda crappy and my brighter red wig is rather shorter than most Mara's are...