• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New member costume question

Guest supertoneman

Guest supertoneman

I am working on getting in, and am interested in if there are any costume ideas for people with glasses. i love the extended universe, or if my having glasses while wearing a costume with character like palpatine or star killer would affect my using the costume for the 501st. any advice would be great. :)

I wear a mask, and am actually able to get my glasses behind them. I know that a TK locally uses his military gas-mask inserts behind his bucket.

As for face-characters, I think a lot of people get contacts. Particularly for Sith eyes and such. I do not know the requirement though I doubt you are the first this would apply to.

I have to wonder if it is addressed the same way a wheelchair might be, as in, judge the costume as it is, despite the equipment.

Good question, as a fellow glasses wearer.

Guest Aysel

There are a few characters that wear eye coverings that you could probably work glasses into. Most people I know that wear glasses either get contacts or they go without (personally I go without) Most of the characters in Star Wars that I can name off hand that wear glasses are good guys (what's up with that) but a good mask or helmeted character can be worn with glasses. What you might do is look into the Miraluka and see what you can come up with that race.

The general rule is that you can wear prescription glasses while trooping, but you need to take them off for your official membership pictures. Glasses do detract from the look of costumes since you don't see anyone in Star Wars with them, so a lot of people prefer to wear contacts, wear something that hides the glasses, or go without... but, on the other hand, some folks do wear their glasses while trooping.

Pam :-)

Guest supertoneman

ok, well that is good i can take off my glasses for the membership photo and at least can use them for trooping. thank you for the information. :D