• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Spam Bot Registrations vrs. Real Registrations

Twi'lek Pam

Hi everyone,

Just a head's up: we've been under another spam bot registration attack lately. Our forum's bot countermeasures haven't been able to stop them all, so the detachment officers have been checking over the dozens of new registrations and activating only those accounts that appear genuine. If the new registration is for username "Darth Fluffy" out of Florida, it's probably a real costumer... while "Fruinuouxuxub" out of China probably is not. Hopefully we've managed to catch all of the real registrations, and booted the spam bots. We did have a few bot posts over the past week, but we've caught and deleted them asap.

If you attempt to register on our forum and your account is not activated within a day, or if you know of somebody with this problem, please let me know at Mitji@aol.com and I'll see about getting things fixed for you. We're trying to delete only the spam bot registrations, but I'm concerned that a genuine registration might be missed along the way.

The best way to ensure that new registrations get their accounts activated is to make sure the user name LOOKS like a user name, and not some random bot gibberish!

Thanks

Pam :-)