• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Nihilus Costume Question

Guest Williamdrake83

Guest Williamdrake83

Hello,

my Question is: must i use a special kind of textile for my Darth Nihilus Costume or can i use what i want?

best regards

Tobias (TI-2967)

While you don't have to use a specific textile, there are options that are better then others. Sticking with a fabric that has a good weight to it is best so that you get a nice drape to the costume. If you get a fabric that is too light it won't hang well and it will look off.

A lot of people like to use a Raw Silk or a Heavy Weave Linen. Something like cotton tends to be too light and flimsy. It comes down to personal choice and what looks goods. Also keep in mind the weight of all the fabric as well as the heat factor. Don't go with something too heavy or you will melt under all the layers and it will be very heavy to wear.

Also the cleaning factor. If you don't want to be paying a fortune in dry cleaning bills, get a fabric that is machine washable.

If you have fabric picked out already you could post some pictures here and get advice on it.

If you don't have anything picked out yet, the Raw Silk from Dharma Trading is an excellent option for Nihilus.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/8 ... _silk.html

Cheers,

Nef

While you don't have to use a specific textile, there are options that are better then others. Sticking with a fabric that has a good weight to it is best so that you get a nice drape to the costume. If you get a fabric that is too light it won't hang well and it will look off.

A lot of people like to use a Raw Silk or a Heavy Weave Linen. Something like cotton tends to be too light and flimsy. It comes down to personal choice and what looks goods. Also keep in mind the weight of all the fabric as well as the heat factor. Don't go with something too heavy or you will melt under all the layers and it will be very heavy to wear.

Also the cleaning factor. If you don't want to be paying a fortune in dry cleaning bills, get a fabric that is machine washable.

If you have fabric picked out already you could post some pictures here and get advice on it.

If you don't have anything picked out yet, the Raw Silk from Dharma Trading is an excellent option for Nihilus.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/8 ... _silk.html

Cheers,

Nef

^^this. Also if you do choose the silk from Dharma Trading (which I recommend, it's fantastic) you can machine wash it since it is a raw silk.

^_^ Katie