• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Toddo's Acolyte

Guest Toddo

I wanted to share my Sith Acolyte so far so see what you guys think. I have an accurate lightsaber coming as well as the connecing piece between the abdomen and chest. Let me know what you think.

P1050973_zps85510f26.jpg

P1050980_zps0c82ce17.jpg

P1050978_zpse1feefde.jpg

P1050979_zpsdefa5d79.jpg

P1050981_zpsa4968823.jpg

Thanks for taking a look.

I wanted to share my Sith Acolyte so far so see what you guys think. I have an accurate lightsaber coming as well as the connecing piece between the abdomen and chest. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for taking a look.

Nice mask! :D

What I see right away: The cloth for the cloak seems to be out of a very light material and it needs to touch the earth.

Neckseal is missing or it is black and I can't see it.

Shoe is visible.

Can you advise me on where I can get a nice neck seal and an accurate lightsaber?

My neck seal was made by Bobby Stout. He makes really nice TK and clone neckseals as well. You can find him either on here or on the 501st boards under the name Darman. He's responsive, reasonable, and ships fast.

For the lightsaber, the one I'm using is a Saberforge, but I don't recommend him. I have an accurate one on order from someone else that should ship next week, and I'll post on here when I get it letting everyone know if its worth getting.

the only thing about this saber is the switch in the bottom of the hilt. It's handy for not accidentally turning the saber on or off, but it is harder to ignite or extinguish with gloves on. The red knob is purely cosmetic.

If you have a friend in the states you can have them order it then ship it to you. :)

Toddo's hooking me up :)

Besides that Toddo, are you able to change out the switch and put it where the non-operational switch is or replace the parts with some variances from ultrasabers or another saber smith? Either way it looks screen accurate to the trailers, thank you again brother I appreciate it big time.

If you have a friend in the states you can have them order it then ship it to you. :)

Toddo's hooking me up :)

Besides that Toddo, are you able to change out the switch and put it where the non-operational switch is or replace the parts with some variances from ultrasabers or another saber smith? Either way it looks screen accurate to the trailers, thank you again brother I appreciate it big time.

the switching could be altered for sure. I may mod the thing with sound and alter the switch at some point. We'll see how I feel after trooping with it a time or two.

Guest mexisol187

I have the same saber, it is quality work. Although it took about a month for the guy to build it. I am very impatient, seemed like ages... lol

I plan on upgrading the saber with a Makoto blade, a bit pricey, but it will light up the sky! Here is his site if you want to upgrade the blade in the future.

http://blog.yam.com/marikoswork/article/30510184

Here goes my hopefully finished costume complete with Wolfgang mask and abdomen connector, armor from TC9948, neck seal from Darman, homemade robe, and lightsaber from Holocron:

DSC01325_zpscbbc3055.jpg

DSC01310_zps03b7b7aa.jpg

DSC01301_zps9cde2dca.jpg

DSC01306_zpsb2a424c3.jpg