• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Kit

Guest Stiltlady

Guest mexisol187

Yep, modifications needed on the hand plates for the claws and removing the circle on the chest, also optional mods on the cod piece. Check out the main thread, Darren posted work in progress pics on the whole process. Looks really good when done. I am about half way done with my armor, I am taking my time.

Guest Bmunger

Does anyone know how to contact Imperial Surplus. There site says it has moved and I can find any email. Looking for a Sith Acolyte armor set.

Thanks.

Does anyone know how to contact Imperial Surplus. There site says it has moved and I can find any email. Looking for a Sith Acolyte armor set.

Thanks.

Quick question:

Is Imperial Surplus's Sith armor (I believe its the jedi armor only with modifications) approvable by the Legion?

Thanks.

Quick question:

Is Imperial Surplus's Sith armor (I believe its the jedi armor only with modifications) approvable by the Legion?

Hi. I'm not the one who makes those decisions, but I would imagine that if it's finished with a HIGH level of quality, this kit could be used to complete an approvable costume. I know a number of people who are using it for they're builds. However, that being said, I can also tell you that most, if not all the Legion approvals thus far have used Wolfgang's (TK-6925) armor, not Imperial Surplus's. In my own opinion, Wolfgang's kit is more "accurate" to the armor seen in the TOR trailers. That's nothing against Imperial Surplus, it's just that Wolfgang's kit has crisper lines & details than Imperial Surplus's, in my opinion. Of course Wolfgang's kit cost CONSIDERABLY MORE too, so that's something to factor in when looking at kits. Hope this helps! 8)

Hi. I'm not the one who makes those decisions, but I would imagine that if it's finished with a HIGH level of quality, this kit could be used to complete an approvable costume. I know a number of people who are using it for they're builds. However, that being said, I can also tell you that most, if not all the Legion approvals thus far have used Wolfgang's (TK-6925) armor, not Imperial Surplus's. In my own opinion, Wolfgang's kit is more "accurate" to the armor seen in the TOR trailers. That's nothing against Imperial Surplus, it's just that Wolfgang's kit has crisper lines & details than Imperial Surplus's, in my opinion. Of course Wolfgang's kit cost CONSIDERABLY MORE too, so that's something to factor in when looking at kits. Hope this helps! 8)

Thanks for the help! Yes Wolfgangs armor is incredible! I love the overall detail. The entire kit really stands out. I'm just trying to understand what makers are out there and what my (or anyone else's) options are. I'm usually pretty good with budgeting armor, working with the makers, and in some cases fabricating pieces as needed. I guess I was looking for something a bit more budget friendly. Frankly Imperial Surplus and I believe "tc9948"'s armor is more affordable.

If these two other types of armor out there are not legion approved, is it possible that (with maybe a little community help and guidance) they could be approved with some extra work to them? Just throwing it out there...again thanks for your help. Just want to say that everyone I've been in touch with from this detachment has been so helpful and nice! :D ....much appreciated!