• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My first costume.

Guest mexisol187

Guest mexisol187

Hello guys and gals!

I have been putting together a Sith Acolyte costume to hopefully, when I am done, get 501st approved. I have been volunteering my time with a local star wars group and have meet some incredible people in my local area, to help guide me toward my goals of getting 501st approved. I know its not going to be immediate, and it will be even more difficult due to the fact that I am on a budget. I have accepted this. I decided I will craft my armor instead of buying it, I think I can get more details through my method instead of having to draw them on. But only history will tell.

Still it is fun to sit down and unwind after a long day of work and craft.

I found an amazing seamstress trough networking through my local group and had her sew up my robes. Saving me money and letting her earn something for her family at the same time. Win Win in my book.

I was going to buy Mynock's Sith Acolyte mask that he has for sale. That is one nice piece, check it out if you haven't seen it. However I saw a deal I could not pass up on Ebay. I was lucky enough to get a MYWICKEDARMOR mask used from somebody that was unloading his collection. I saved hundreds! I know it was just luck, because I have not seen his masks going for as cheap as I got mine.

I have made a few pieces of my armor, but they still need to be rondo'd. I am very pleased on how they turned out, I got the foam templates from Pepmaster. THANK YOU!! I am using the 2mm thin foam, although it is harder to work with, I like the detail you can get from it.

Guest mexisol187

Update:

I have finished the legs, thighs elbows, chest and cod in foam, painted and weathered. I am pleased on how they turned out. The color matches closely but not 100% to my mask. You have to get really close to tell its off by a shade, might weather it to get a closer match, or try a different paint, but I have yet to find a closer match then what I am using. The MYWICKEDARMOR mask has a slight metal flake in it which makes it difficult to find a match.

Update 2: I was able to fall into a few dollars and did wind up buying KW's armor, but I wont be able to finish it for an event this weekend, so I will wear this scratch foam armor I have been working on and see how it goes.