• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Are these boots acceptable?

blitz1027

Hey all. I decided to put my Dark Apprentice robes costume on hold for a little while, while I work on my sith robes costume and I had a question. While looking for boots I came across these and was wondering if they would be acceptable for this costume.

http://www.amazon.com/Funtasma-Pleaser- ... bs_shoe_19

Although I'm not an expert on this particular version of Starkiller that you're working on, the boots in your link do look similar to those in some of the reference images I've seen. I'm sure you may have to modify them a bit, to more closely match the look, color, etc..., I think they'll probably work. Someone else with more knowledge of this version of the costume may want to chime in on this. I will vouch for these being a good base to start from, based on my own experience with these exact boots. I ordered a pair from Amazon.com myself for my son's Sith Lord Starkiller costume. I had to modify them quite a bit, but they've held up fairly well so far. We've had them for approx. 2 years now, & they've seen a lot of use at countless conventions, as well as other local troops. Hope this helps! 8)