• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Getting a new Starkiller costume approved

blitz1027

Hey all. I started a thread in the costume development section and haven't really gotten much interest so I figured I would post here and ask everyone that reads this one simple question.

IS there any way to get Starkillers Dark Apprentice Robes From The Force Unleashed 2 Approved?

This is the outfit worn by Starkillers perfect evil clone from the dark side ending of the game. I figure since several of Starkillers costumes costumes are already approved why couldn't this one. I would really love to do this costume as it is one of my favorites.

I'm just wanting everyone's opinion. So please speak freely.

[attachment=2]Dark Apprentice 1.PNG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Starkiller 11.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Dark Apprentice 10.PNG[/attachment]

...IS there any way to get Starkillers Dark Apprentice Robes From The Force Unleashed 2 Approved?...

Yep. There is a way.

1. Post up full head-to-toe reference images, preferrably 360° turn-arounds (Is this an unlockable costume in the game? I can't remember).

2. Build an accurate recreation of the costume that looks exactly like the reference images from step 1.

3. Submit the costume for approval.

As long as I've been following the 501st and The Flagship Eclipse, I have never seen a costume "approved" before step 1 and step 2 have been completed.

~ Vonnor

I checked as soon as I got home, and yes this is an un-lockable costume in the TFU2 PC game. (The costume has some interesting elements too, I might add - I got $20 for anyone that can read me the Aurebesh on his chest-box)

The first thing you need to do is buy the PC version if you do not already have it, then go to C:\Users\(Logged in user)\AppData\Local\LucasArts\Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. Open the Config.xml using Notepad. At the bottom of the file should be the line No. Change "No" to "Yes". Then play it until you get to a hallway in Cato-Neimoidia. Pause the game and go to the Cheat Codes in options. Enter "VENTRESS" as a code. This will open up the costume in question. Then go to Costumes and select it. Then return to the game and your guy should be wearing this costume.

Kill all the stuff in the hallway. Jump up on one of the tables near the side of the hallway. Position your toon so that when you rotate the camera view you get a close-up of the toon. Take your time and experiment. When you get your guy in the perfect position, hit PrtSc. Then since you're in Windowed mode, open up Paint or some other image editor and choose "New From Clipboard" or just hit "New" then v. Edit, crop, enhance, w/e to the screenshot then save it. Go back to the game window and move/rotate your guy a little and do it all over again.

I took almost 100 reference pix of General Rahm Kota using this method in this game. Cheat Codes are a costumer's best friend.

Google stuff if you have trouble.

~ Vonnor

Sorry, I've been horrible about checking the forums as much as I should. As the Costume Mentor for everything Starkiller and as a GML for the newly formed Garrison 66, I should have weighed in much earlier, and I apologize.

I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be accepted. The costume is seen on the alternate dark side ending as a dark side character, much the same way as the Sith Stalker was in the first game. By my math it should be something able to be approved.

With that said, that doesn't mean you don't still have to do the work - as Koda said, find all of the reference pictures you can so there can be nothing up for dispute over how the costume SHOULD look. Being the first to make a costume that is new to the Legion is not an easy task, but in my opinion it is well worth it.

Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM or email if I don't write back quickly.