• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New member Exar Kun costume question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My name is justinfitzhugh and I want to do a Exar Kun from Star Wars the old republic and make it work for the 501 st what do I need to do so it will pass

First gather as many visual references as you can, of the costume you want to recreate. These images must be from official LucasArts (now Disney) sources. Custom made action figures and/or non-official artist interpretations may not be used as the sole reference(s). The references should show the complete costume from head to foot and from all sides of the model, and need to be non-conflicting, that is all images need to show each costume part as looking the same as in the other reference pictures.

I looked briefly on google images and am seeing a lot of different un-official interpretations of the character, with many different costumes. It may be a challenge to find enough references of the same costume to entertain the possibility of being 501st approvable.

Assuming you can gather the above described references, the next step would be to recreate the costume/character to look exactly like the references. Only at that stage of the process could any adjudication for approval begin.

My advice would be to build a super-accurate recreation of the character, and do it for your own personal satisfaction. There have been cases where, even without initially having complete references, an artist has built such a stunning costume that it has influenced the actual official references for the character, and the two have become one. The recreation became the official reference.

Never let 501st approval or disapproval be your goal for whether to build a great costume. And regardless of approvability, do post your progress here. We love seeing it. :D

~ Vonnor