• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan sashes and cloak

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Red sash part...can someone give me the appropriate dimensions...width at top, width at bottom..??? I have a client that I have finished the robe but now need to do the sashes for. Any help wold be appreciated.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-1vA1ffsKiyqdZ-UggEItRJ98DhEQgD1_UlQMgPQjIVyv5G2nEq9jxcVy

Guest Anonymous

I completed the sashes and cloak and looks pretty good.

A little excerpt from my how to on the cloak and sashes:

I have so far only done the outer cloak and the hanging sashes. The cloak was a bear to do. I used two 60" wide by slightly longer than the length needed for the box pleated section and made 3" box pleats which ended up making that part just a little wider than the widest part of the person's shoulders. I used the same fabric for the hood and a slightly different fabric for the shawl part, but the same type could be used. The shoulders were real tricky, and took several days to figure out using draping techniques until I got the proper hang. I didn't take many progress pictures because I had to hurry to finish this one. I'm sure Jaime will post pictures of his costume when he finishes it.

The rest of the cloak was mostly technique and trial and error. I did line the upper part of the cloak down to where the box pleats were sewn so that the pleated section was smooth and the loose section could fan out. The hood and cowl or shawl was also lined. The maroon hanging sash was cut to the length the person needed plus about 1.5 inches for hems and attachment double width for lining and front...varies in width given the size of the person wearing it...a little narrower at the top then at the bottom. I used a single layer of batting to give it a little puffiness to the ridges and sewed parallel lines from the bottom to the top every 3/4 inches give or take through the lining, batting and top layer. The black sashes were about 9 inches wide and 36 or so inches longer given the size of the person for appropriate draping time two and I just did a simple two turn narrow hem all the way around on each of them. Then hang them appropriately with the armor rigging.