• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

KOTOR Darth Nihilus by Madam Sith

Guest Madam Sith

Guest Madam Sith

I wanted to do Darth Maladi as my first sith however it soon became apparent to me that two young children and the prospect of spending an hour or two in make-up were not going to mix :(

I have always wanted to do a Sith so Darth Nihilus was my next choice. I have opted for the KOTOR - I like the cleaner version!! So my build has begun...

I have ordered and received the mask.

[attachment=0]IMG_4844.jpg[/attachment]

Working on the other elements. Hope to upload some pics soon.

Guest Madam Sith

Had some spare time today to work on Nihilus.

Finished sewing the outer edges of the cape and making adjustments to the outer tunic.

[attachment=2]IMG_4928-1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]IMG_4929-1.jpg[/attachment]

I also want to give the impression of "pecs" rather than "boobs", so have painted a TK chest plate to wear under the outer tunic.

[attachment=0]IMG_4932-1.jpg[/attachment]

I am quite happy with how it is going and will post a full pic shortly!

Guest Madam Sith

Finally completed :)

Now I await feedback (nervously bites fingernails...)

[attachment=0]IMG_4935-1.jpg[/attachment]

Nice KOTOR Darth Nihilus.

I'd give the front drape of fabric beneath your chin a slight tug in order to keep the sides of your hood straight. Only in application pictures as the hood is fine. The cat ears and shape of the head are very good.

The tunics and cape look good. Gloves are great. :) The boots look good, too. The obi is good.

The skirt is alright. Personally, I would prefer more gathers. From the CRL "The skirt is made with enough material to create a gathered effect around the body." It looks like your tunic and skirt are one piece, though, and so that may not be possible.

Your under-mask... does it cling to your throat? It should. In this particular picture, the throat looks a tad bulged.

From what I'm seeing, this costume is looking really good.

Guest Madam Sith

Thanks for the feedback. I have just put photos in for approval so I really appreicate the tips.

Guest Aysel

in one of your pictures I noticed that you had an odd "nipple" on your chin from the balaclava, for aesthetic reasons you'll want to fit that. Since you used a TK chest piece to give you a "man shaped" chest you might want to build up on that to make it less armor like and more natural "man shaped" if you get my meaning. ^_^

^_^ Katie

Aren't the gloves wrong? KOTOR Nihilus isn't aloud to have gauntlet gloves

It doesn't say anything directly about gauntlets, just to have "no obvious flair". I know from personal experience however, men's leather gloves tend to look a bit big on us ladies skinny forearms, hehehe. The only other option for gloves is going with actual girl gloves, and they end up being too skinny. It's an annoying problem. Took me ages to find decent Nihilus gloves.

Costume looks really good!

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Madam Sith

Thanks everyone for the feedback - approval came through today - I am now an official sith!!! :D