• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Revan for the grinder

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys. Just thought id stop by and say hello. Im trying to join the 501st here in Seattle, WA with my current Revan suit. I was trying to join before back in 2007 out of Japan but alot of things came up real life, but now ive finally got the time to troop again, yay. Just a question for those with Rob's armor, how did you go about connecting the hood to the chest piece? Thats really the last piece i have to finish up on the suit, and im just a little miffed about that one. I know which rings to use, just wondering how you guys went about connecting it. Thanks and glad to be here.

558600_3920515769904_1189855970_33620415_1884918154_n.jpg

Guest MRJEDI21

If you ask him, he will tell you that you just tuck it into the armor near the hooks/rings. Now if you want to change out the rings to larger and better hooks and run the ends through the loop to make the hood look like it is attached that way, then you will have to make some upgrades. Unfortunately most of the hooks that would allow you to do that are really big and wouldn't look right on the armor.

You might want to pull that back part of the hood up a little so it isn't so stretched and then try and tuck the leftover hood into the back area of the armor. Maybe try and get some elastic straps and glue them in and then slide the hood ends into them. That should keep the hood in place if the straps are tight enough.

Good luck and I'm in the same situation as you. Working on pictures to send in and the hood look as well. I want as accurate as possible. Also try and fix that armor bunching up on one side and making the joining pleather look funny, it seems to be a common thing for the armor to do that if it has been in storage for a bit. Mine is doing that as well.

Hope this gives some ideas for you.

Kenneth