• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Girls, Girls, Girls!!

Nefthys

468049_382590988449156_100000947738527_1018218_65019570_o.jpg

Girls of the Empire need a little beauty advice now and then. (Yes, we're all females under the costumes, hehe.)

Cheers,

Nef

Even Sith Lords and Troopers need a break and a chance to catch up on their beauty tips!

Question for our lady costumers: Do you prefer to costume female or male characters, and why?

Personally for me it's not a case of choosing male or female, but how interesting the costume is or character is. I've got an equal mix of female and male costumes I like to wear. It is however, a lot of fun to dress as Nihilus and have people assume I'm a man. Obviously you have to get used to it with these types of costumes, as people usually assume only men dress as Stormtroopers and only women go as slave Leia (yes I know a man who does a very convincing Leia). But that is part of the fun when I actually speak and people are shocked it's a girl under the white mask.

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Aysel

I only do female characters, I'm small and can't pass as a male. So even in my helmeted costumes I build around the fact that I'm a girl.

As for the picture, our garrison took one similar except we were all holding Star Trek magazines. I'll have to track that picture down.

^_^ Katie