• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

1/6th Darth Nihilus

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello all im an aspiring 1/6 customizer. For my first project i decided to tackled Darth Nihilus. Id like to show this here so i could get any feedback From u knowledgeable Sith lords. Please feel free to tell me u like an don't like. Keep in mind the boots , belt an the gloves are temporary. I have a knot planned for the cape after its been finalized. There will also be a face sculpt.

If there is any collectors interested in this send me a pm i will tell u more.

P5060099.jpg

P5060102.jpg

P5060103.jpg

P5060109.jpg

P5060115.jpg

P5060105.jpg

P5060106.jpg

Hello Yourmaster.

Firstly that is very cool! I love all the detail. I would just ask, which Nihilus do you plan to do? The KOTOR version or the COTF version? Their robes are quite different from each other. At the moment it looks like you are doing the COTF version of the robes, if you are then you will need to add weathering to the bottom of the robes. Looking really good so far, looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers,

Nef

Guest Aysel

if this is COFT (which is looks like) I'll treat it as if your were building this for a person ^_^ you should look at this pic

cotf_breakdown2.jpg

it's the break down that used to determine the layers, also it shows the weathering that you'll want to add, none of the bottom edges of Nihilus are hemmed they are all rough edges and tore the frack up. The robes meet and overlap at the obi line, not above.

Have fun with this little project ^_^

^_^ Katie

Interesting project. First things I see...

get rid of the buckle on the belt. The tunic closes the other way (right side over left).

Shred the hems of the tunic, skirts, and cloak.

When finalized, makes sure that the gloves, boots, and belt are black. The gloves and boots should be plain as can be. The belt is simple... a smaller belt on top of the larger one. No buckles, food capsules, or pouches. Likewise, there's no lightsaber hook on the belt.

I like the 1/6 figures. I have an asortment of Jedi that I keep on permanent display.

Guest Aysel

he did say that the boots, belt and gloves where temporary. ^_^

Just make sure you build it as if you were going to where it (at least in looks)

^_^ Katie

Guest Aysel
I know that he said the belt, boots, and gloves were temporary. :) I just figured that I'd lay it all out as if it were a 1:1 costume.

yup yup ^_^

Guest Anonymous

Hey thanks all for the comments! Most of everything u guys mentioned i have had planned. Except the hems. The problem is people will be paying for this and it has to be quality work that doesn't fray and so forth. I plan to weather the production prototype but most likely it will be over the hem's.

I got a good set of boots for the run the gloved hands are the hardiest part to locate. I found one that is close probably not to the standards here thow.

Guest Aysel

try using a clear setting fabric glue for the fraying, like liquid stitch, you can cut it with water till it's runny then paint it on in the areas that need the fraying, this way the fabric won't continue to fray. It's really important that you show the frayed hems as Nihilus is "tore up from the floor up" literally, the only thing on Nihilus that is pristine is mask.

^_^ Katie

Looking good so far, especially considering the scale. I'd weather the skirt hems further, though. This is a good start.

Remember, too, that the inner skirt is split as well. Put a pair of black pants on beneath the skirts.

Guest Anonymous

So I never noticed the inside skirt is split. Looking at your picture it is split right up the middle?

Guest Anonymous

Its still very much a WORK IN PROGRESS . There is still a lot of work to do finalizing all the length's re'sculpting the crown weathering him finding proper boots an making a new belt.

I know the skirt is not up to your standards but I have to sell this I couldn't get it to look cool enough with the slit up the middle!

Enjoy

100_0363.jpg

100_0372.jpg

100_0349.jpg

100_0362.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Hey thanks guys im really glad U guys like him:)! Hearing one comment make it all worth while. Also now that the prtotype is finished i will make these available for sale in the next few months hopefully sooner! Just waiting on the tailor to finish up my Revan project then will will start producing a small amount of these>

Regards Yourmaster