• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Hi from a new Nihilus. Can you recommend a "crown" source?

Guest Alex

Hello, everyone -

I'm a relatively new 501st member - recently got my first costume approved and awaiting an official ID number. In the meanwhile, I'm already hard at work on my next costume: Darth Nihilus.

I have been able to find the vast majority of what I need - in fact, I already had some of it for my Imperial Gunner (the gauntlets and gloves), but I'm missing one piece that seems to be eluding me: the crown piece, which is required by both versions of the Nihilus CRL. Unfortunately, the only source I'm aware of is no longer making the crown (though he is making the mask), which leaves me in a strange position of having just about everything -but- that piece. Up to this point, in fact, it's been relatively stress free in acquiring or building the other pieces, at least compared to the other costumes I've worked on.

Can anyone help? I really don't have the facilities here to cast up fiberglass, etc, so if there's a commercial source anyone's aware of, or a simple fix, I'd be very grateful. I have very little skill in sewing, but I'm working on the leatherwork skills. Unfortunately, I doubt that'd be very helpful in this particular case.

If it's any help, I'm located in Southern California.

Hope to be trooping with you soon,

Alex