• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

The Cloth Choice.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello,

So I bought a few yards of cloth to build the soft parts for my Revan costume. I chose to go with Black Twill, as it was suggested by a few people that it would hold the box pleats much better than most other fabrics.

What do you all think about this:

2012-03-21180758.jpg

2012-03-21180752.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Black Twill what?

As in, what kind of fabric is it? Cotton, Wool, some blend? Where did you get it? Got a part number?

I'm asking because what you bought looks good, and I'd be interested in getting some. I've got 5 Revan costumes to make!

I ask because I bought 30 years of "Black Twill" that was a polyester/cotton blend. It was horrible. Good thing I need to make two table covers and two back drop curtains!

Guest Anonymous

Well...that's what I'm asking. I bought a twill that is a cotton poly blend. It was VERY stiff and NOT suitable for apparel, even after I washed it (with fabric softener) and dried it. Likewise, I used a waffle weave black cotton poly blend for a Jedi robe. This fabric is wonderful and has a good drape when worn. So, not all cotton poly blends are the same...nor are all 100% cottons the same. Hence...the question of what kind/where purchased/order numer question ;)

I'm betting it's 100% cotton or perhaps wool? Still...the world needs to know!

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, I've been very side tracked lately, new baby, and another on summer break.

It is a 100% Cotton, it's very durable, but not too stiff.

I got it at Joann in Niagara Falls, NY. I have the order number around here somewhere, I'll attempt to find it, to get the specific product number.

Andrew