• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Mask.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello,

I just started to put together my mask, but while looking around I noticed that a lot of people go with the thin eye slit visor.

RevanMask0.jpg

However, I used the 3D model from the KOTOR game series to base my mask on, and have a much wider visor area.

Mask1.jpg

Mask2.jpg

2012-03-12131522.jpg

My question is, will this be approved, as it is directly based off the 3D model of the character.

Thanks,

Andrew

Guest Aysel

ah pep, oh how I love thee, let me count the ways....

can you please post the actual 3D model so we can all see it? I'd say off hand that no it shouldn't be a problem (and you'll have the added benefit of having the same profile as the 3D model) but I want to hold off final judgement till after we can compare your work to the 3D model ^_^

^_^ Katie

Guest Anonymous

Hello,

I used Blender to create and break down the .obj file, then I imported it into Pepakura Designer 3, then I resized it for Letter, and for approximately a 5'10-6' person. Then I unfolded the object and resaved it.

Revan_Model.jpg

I also did the body armor, and the hand plates, currently working on the vambraces.

So if anyone wants a copy of those too, then let me know.

The chest plate is actually saved in one part, but I did divide the model into two parts, so the trick is to just build it as one piece, then cut along the line for the abdomen section, then it becomes two piece.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1290680789/Revan_Mask.pdo

Enjoy,

Andrew