• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Kat's Asajj (sash belt version)

Guest Scare Dee Kat

Guest Scare Dee Kat

Hey y'all :D

Sorry for not being around much, right after Christmas I fried the motherboard on my desktop and was out of comission for quite a while

anyway....

I'm ready to start on my Asajj! :D

I have a ribbed body suit but it's a little too "white" I think, so I'm gonna try and dye it a shade darker later tonight.

I've finished the skirt.

I've cut up some patterns for the neck piece (hopefully I'll get a chance to sew a practice piece tonight)

I think my biggest question right now is about the sash.....is there a certain type of material to use for it? like leather or vinyl? or can it be a cotton or blend?

Thanks for any help ^^

kat

PS I'll try to get some pics loaded soon

Good luck with your build and looking forward to pictures :D

For the sash belt, use whatever material you are comfortable with. You will want to use something that has weight to it (like vinyl, leather or the like) so that the sashes hang nicely from the buckle.

In my own experience, my first sash belt was made from doubled up marine vinyl that I painted the design on to. If you use vinyl you will want to make sure the paint you use is made to stick to vinyl. I used model paint hoping it would stick but after only a couple of wears it looked like this:

oldbelt.jpg

For my second belt I used tooling leather. I tooled the design into the leather and then painted it with leather dye. I took a tooling course from my local leather shop and learned how to work with the leather properly. I mixed several dye colours to get the exact shade of blueish purple I wanted, and then this was painted on using an airbrush. For the silver I used Testors model paint.

belt3.jpg

The belt has stood up much better to wear and tear and was totally worth the effort!

full.jpg

Guest Scare Dee Kat

Thank you soo much ^^ I've made a mock up in cotton using batting for thickness, but I really like the idea of using leather :) I have a little experience working with it.....I made an Assassin's Creed Altair waist belt and gaunts for a friend a while back

I'll try and get those pics loaded this afternoon :wink: