• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Revan build, WIP con't

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey, wanted tos hare where I've been going! It's been a while - I'm aiming to wear it to a con in my city at the end of October hehe. So I'll have the major components done by then... and then rework as needed.

Have the chest/abdominal armour cast, working on painting it:

6218842205_27eb254480.jpg

Finished my gloves:

6229979734_946c6ae90c.jpg

Vambraces with the hand armour. I may end up redoing these, I don't know how happy I am with them. There's a gap (on the inside) that is harder to see, but it also gives me more functional movement to bend my arm - so it's a toss up! It wouldn't be too hard to recast them.

6229462331_69dcd2f422.jpg

Finished casting (first pic, cast with a mold powder to give it a metallic look) and painting/weathering/adding visor to my mask. I'm very pleased with the result.

6229461751_9ca2778d6e.jpg

6229980616_0875bf2708.jpg

You can see the lightsaber in this one. I've got a gold ringed emitter (same as the silver one there), and I've found a more similar end to it as well, that I just need to order and make gold as well. The blade is VERY red, you can see in how it glows on me - but didn't photograph too well hehe.

6229462707_c4941d9c51.jpg

That's so far! I'm almost done painting the chest armour, and then I'll be bolting straps to it with some leather-working tack. I've got the red sash sewn, and the silver mid-section of the armour as well (used vinyl leather and rub'n'buff, looks good!). I'll put pics of those soon hehe. Love to hear what anyone thinks :)