• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Nihilus costume

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey all i have posted here before but i have a new question, i want a darth nihilus costume and desperately want to become a member of the 501st my problem however is i can build a computer with my eyes closed but have little to know crafting or sewing chops. i have been looking on the internet for sometime at premade costumes and one that i have found is on the site http://www.twinrosesdesigns.com/Star%20 ... folio.html its near the bottom of the page. i would like to know if this costume would be accepted by the 501st and if not could it be made acceptable with minor modifications?

any info would be great

Guest Aysel

the things I see that are "wrong" with that at first glance are the front of the skirt section is hemmed when the COTF drawing shows an unhemmed edge, it's missing the leather belt, the choice of crinkle cotton (I just don't like it but that's just my opinion) and it's missing the hood/cowl/cape (it's sold separately, the hood fabric and the rest of the costume need to match, and the cowl may not be big enough when you add in the mask apparatus) I bought the fabric I made my husband's out of for less then half their asking price for that.

but that's just my $0.02

Twin Roses does great work. I'm a repeat customer of theirs. Andrea does amazing things with a costume.

The costumes look cool. There are two different ones shown. The first one looks really good. For the second one, I'd recommend more weathering and the width of the obi is dependent upon the width of your belt. For the cloak and hood, you'd have to get her to cut you a large rectangular bit of matched fabric so that it perfectly matches the costume.

With Twin Roses it would help to know exactly what you want. That would save a lot of time going back and forth over the details. And I mean knowing every detail of the costume. Andrea does quality work and she will do exactly what you ask for. That includes fabric choice. Want silk? Cotton? Wool? Whatever you want the costume to be made of is what she'll do. And if she can't find the fabric she will give you options. In the end, it's always up to you.

You won't be disappointed with a Twin Roses costume but be prepared to pay for it. Andrea's work isn't cheap.