• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Event Photos: Ventress at Dreamworld, 2011

tk6232

Hey there Guys,

I thought I'd post a few pics of our latest troop at Dreamworld.

On each day, we had a parade and a lightsaber duel - the highlight of the parade was having grown men take 3 involuntary steps backwards when I glared at them!! Falling more and more in love with Ventress!

I never expected to be involved in a full on Jedi-vs-Sith Lightsaber battle, so I'm so very glad my costume was robust enough to withstand all the combat. I did break a lightsaber on the Friday night before the whole event, so my next big project will be rebuilding the electrics... In any case - here's some pics for you to see!

Here's the Youtube link to see the choreographed fight:

Day 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaaNTCi0XY

Day 2:

(No - that's not fake blood! Dont worry, nobody was seriously hurt!)

dw7.png

And yes, I did the whole thing in my crazy-high heels, with a charming snarl!

dw2.jpg

Enter the sith. Revan, StarKiller and Ventress - arriving to sort out the Jedi Academy.

dw3.jpg

Stand off.

dw4.jpg

Love this shot. Sabers flashing all over the show, and my lovely floaty skirt!!

dw5.jpg

High kick to the face!

dw6.jpg

Ventress Snarl!!!

I got so many great comments on the costume, that I cant wait to do it again. I'm also going to be posting up some reviews of the makeup that I used - I tried two types, and I'm not entirely happy with either. Oh well... my search for the perfect makeup continues!

Til next time,

Mox

Coooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Love the action shots :D

Will you be going to Sydney or Adelaide Armageddon?? Pleasepleasepleaseplease.... Would love to get some piccies :D

And another awesome one!

DSC02168.jpg

... And then this one.

I know it's not strictly canon, but well, there were face-painting faeries at Dreamworld, so after a long weekend of glaring at people I had to take the opportunity to "let my hair down"! ;)

DSC02254.jpg

Fun stuff and nice choreography and staying in character for the duels. I pull a mean scowl but have never preformed an extended duel as Asajj before.

Guest Sakara

fantastic action shots! You look amazing. ( One note..remember to hold your sabers further down...you'll burn your hand otherwise lol :wink: )

I loved doing choreographed fight scenes with our jedis, but we were told we couldnt do it anymore

as kids might copy us :roll::roll::cry: