• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

KOTOR Nihilus W.I.P.

Kyrjorso

Figured it was time to show off all of what I've gathered so far and get peoples' opinions. I do apologize for both the crappy pics and the state of my house. My friends and I had just emptied out the place so I can have my floors redone...after which was when I discovered my camera's battery had gone flat and the charger was somewhere in the cargo container in my driveway. I'll stick some better ones up once the camera is good to go; I'm sure its flash (with the power of 12 suns, mind you) will make things more visible.

In these pics I'm wearing my UnderArmor shirt from my TK rig, as I'm still waiting on the correct tunics.

2010-11-27_15-46-48_411.jpg

2010-11-27_15-46-54_903.jpg

Also think I need more gathering in the skirt, but thats just a matter of adjustment as there's plenty of fabric. There is an obi around my waist, just might not be able to see it.

The cape kept sliding off my shoulders, but obviously that'll change with the new tunics. Going to run some small Velcro strips through the gathered material of the cape, then pass them through button holes at the top of the outer tunic so they appear attached AND stay in place :)

Looking to replace these gloves:

2010-11-27_15-49-32_989.jpg

Boots

2010-11-27_15-52-52_849.jpg

Apparently my big toe shows its approval :P

Ah, you did the floor work the smart way by getting a container. When we redid our floors, we packed all the furniture into other rooms in the house. For a few weeks the house was like a giant obstacle course. My big toe definitely did not approve of the changes! (The rest of my toes got tired of being stubbed, too...)

It looks like you're off to a good start with your costume. You're right that the skirt will need some more work. It needs a true waistband... right now it looks a bit like a towel wrapped around your waist. I can't comment on the hood or "horns" since it's difficult to see that detail in the pictures. I'll wait until you've got a chance to take some better pics.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on this costume.

NihilusFront.jpg

Pam :-)

LOL Pam, I've also got a lot of crap, including my mattress, crammed into the kitchen and garage. So I get an obstacle course too!! Yay?

Well, at least I'll know where my towel is :wink: The skirt actually does have a waistband, but I think the addition of a drawstring will do it wonders since its just being held up by the obi and a saftey pin at the moment.

If I'm looking at the CRL pic correctly, the outer layer tunic is also tucked into the skirt/obi?

Cheers,

Bruce

Hi,

Yup, the obi is what collects everything together, nice and neat. He's a great photo from Paul, who's working on the same costume. He's really close to finishing, and it's looking good. (Ignore the loose fabric hanging down over his stomach, that's what he's still working on.) The skirt waistband looks like it has elastic, and the narrow obi fits nicely over that.

Beltgloves.jpg

Pam :-)