• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Visas Marr Darkside Makeup

Twi'lek Pam

Hi,

Does anyone have a good closeup photo of their Visas costume with the darkside version of her makeup? (Vein lines, purplish lips.) I'm trying to find a good example, but there's a lot to look through!

normal_P_VisasHD02.jpg

Pam :-)

Guest Anonymous

Sorry this took me so long, finally found some time to upload this.

It's kind of an idea of how I do my makeup and what I use

damn been away from here a while..i do have this shot if needed -

visasface1.jpg

I can also share how to create the vein effect and make it look natural.

Use a matt purple ( a good dark plum purple lip liner works well) and a matt dark blue eyeliner in jagged lines ( i actually googled thread vein images as reference *shudder*) and drew on the lines after applying foundation. Once on, i then powered my face with a powder foundation or mineral foundation. This makes the vein lines look like they are under the skin rather than sitting on top. buffing in the powder stops the skin from looking powdery and thats where proper mineral foundations are better as they have no talc.

Lipstick - i used a dark purple lipliner (afrocarribean makeup is great for that) and a dark purple creme lipstick(no shimmer). UK make - Sleek do a great one and US make NYX do a great dark purple (almost black).

Guest Anonymous

The way you (vampirekitten) do your lips is actually spot on for I do mine for Ventress. It creates a lot more definition and complexity than just using a single color lipstick. Great tutorial!

Guest Sakara

Im going to Germany this weekend to Fedcon and planning to wear my Visas at some point. If i do ill take some photos of my makeup, step by step.

Guest Sakara

Here is my quick guide on how i do my Visas Makeup.

I prep my skin with a good base suitable for my skin - I used OCEight mattifying gel, Its acts as an excellent moisteriser for oily skin. Then i used Illamasqua matt primer.

Foundation - as i have VERY pale skin, i use a oil free matt foundation in my shade (example GOSH X-Ceptional Wear Make-up in 11 porcelain or Illamasqua 115 or 120 which are all exceptionally pale colours). I apply this to everywhere upto my eyebrows (leave forehead alone as its not seen) I used a foundation brush and then went over the foundation with a flat top brush to blend out.

If you have darker skin, id suggest finding a very pale shade rather than white as it can look to clownish on dark skin, unless you are very skilled at blending out a white.

Then for my own personal liking i add black eyeshadow to my eyelids and underneath. This is in case someone has a very powerful flash lense and sees through my veil. by having the black there, it disguises my eyes enough..I applied a black gel eyeliner as a base then patted some black eyeshadow on top. This means that it lasts a very long time and doesnt crease at all.

face1.jpg

As you can see i also did my eyebrows...force of habit, you dont have to bother and you could take the black all the way upto the eyebrows and far lower under the eyes to really give that hollowed out look.

For the veins i did an online search for images of thread veins, its not pretty, but gives excellent references for Visas's ravaged skin.

I found that using a deep purplely blue and berry coloured pencils gave the best replication of the veins ( i used Illamasqua Paddle and BarryM Wine 7)

Drawing them on, imagine you are drawing some fork lightening on your skin and mix the berry and blue together so its not all one coloured vein( this makes the veins appear as if they are coming to the surface in some areas and are deeper in others) You only need to draw them on the lower half of your face.

veins1.jpg

Next i took a black lip pencil and lined my lips ( i used Illamasqua Sophie medium pencil as it never bleeds which some eyeliners can on the lips. I'd also look to afrocarribean makeup brands for a black lip liner)

I exaggerated the lipshape slightly as Visas's lips are very full in the game version.

veins2.jpg

Then i used a VERY deep purple berry lipstick ( I used Sleek Mulberry as it is very long lasting and intensely pigmented. An other alternative would be NYX almost Black) I filled in the lips and then added some lip sealer to keep it looking good.

lips1.jpg

I finished off by brushing on with a kabuki brush, some pale transluscent powder. I like to use HD powder with no talc as it gives a far better look than standard face powders. E.L.F. studio do an excellent one. It looks white but goes on invisibly.

Strangly none of my finished look came out well on camera, so ill redo them and add them here!

Guest Sakara

Found a rather good portrait photo of me as Visas which shows the vein and naturally very pale skin makeup quite well....and the creasing in my veil !! LOL

Sith dont iron do they?

STFC11_183.jpg

for CRL photos i promise i will iron! lol