• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

New Asajj joins the UK ranks

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi guys!

I have finally completed and cleared my Ventress cossie in the UKG!!!

I originally bought Sakara's cossie nearly a year go, hoping to clear using that, but sadly it was not to be, as clearance guidelines had changed drastically due to new information etc.

So I reworked, made, sewed, sourced etc

and I give you

DSC01924.jpg

front2.jpg

The skirt consists of three skirt "layers", an underskirt, a "backskirt" and a front "tabard".

The top is made of spandex and has no "zipper" or anything as I can just pull it on over my head. The Shoulderpiece is detachable by velcro and is done up at the back by a hidden zip :) The neck part is higher at the back than at the front as is very "solid" and stiff... will stop me from slouching, thats for sure - lol

The belt and Shoulderpiece were both custom made by a leatherworker along with the gauntlets.

The boots are a simple ebay job, not that you can see them anyway ;)

The lenses are basic white ones.

The makeup is based on a comicbook version of Asajj, as soon on the cover of the "republic" comic, which is why the "triangles" on the side of her head are different to what is maybe normally seen :)

Dont really know what else to say!

Oh, might be worth mentioning I usually have hair that usually hangs halfway down my back - lol

It is flattened down completely with some 99p hairgel and then tied with a hairband at the nape of my neck (this is where that highnecked, stiff neck of the top comes in VERY handy) and draped down my back.

Here some pics to show how very thick and long my hair normally is... hangs halfway down my back and is very thick and wavy.

89f372aa.jpg

but you couldnt tell from this either

robeback.jpg

so baldcaps with long hair (even thick long hair) are very much possible!

Only downside of my costume at the current time are the sabers... sadly UKG clearance won't clear my Ultrasabers... the guy feels they are not accurate enough... am going to take this up with the CO possibly though as I think its a bit... ott.

ventress2.jpg

so I have started on these

a7c9b3d1.jpg

the "white" parts need to be sanded and sprayed black and the white "end" parts need to be sanded, finished and then sprayed and finished to look metal (I'm a professional miniature painter (Gamesworkshop etc) so am quite good at making plastic look like metal!). But am also getting some people to look into making some metal parts as well.

I am then going to look at "gutting" the ultrasabers and transferring the innards into the new hilts... am a dab hand at electronics, so am prepared for maybe having to rewire the battery casing etc... oh joy... *sigh*

ah well, there we go :)

Thanks for looking! Looking forward to officially joining the ranks soon!

Fran x

PS big thanks to Sakara here as well who has come forward to let me borrow her amazing sabers for a big event we have in the UK next weekend the 20th November :) thanks hun!!

Guest Daritha

I'm very impressed with your work. Your Ventress looks excellent and the baldcap works magnificient. I couldn't tell that you have such long hear beneath it.

Excellent job!

Looks good, glad you made it work, great job on the cap with that much hair. :D

One thing you might want to look at is this version usually has 4 triangle tattoos above the ear pointing down to it on each side. My husband made a template for it if you'd like to use it. Click Here

109_02.jpg

Very nice Ventress build! Looks really good. Very nice work on the bald cap, especially with your long hair. I know how much trouble that can be!

Can't say I've seen her head tats as you've done them - do have any pics of the comic?

Looking forward to seeing your sabers when they're done :)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Tattoos are based on this version

http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/galle ... m=8&pos=59

(large version here http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/galle ... fullsize=1 )

so not just made up ;)

I realise in pretty much ALL other versions of Ventress the tattos are as LadyB has shown above, but our Clearance officer was very insistent that as that comic cover was providing most of the reference, I had to use the tattoos from that version too!

x

Yes, they are on that lone cover, but it is an outlier...no other published reference (I'm aware of) suggests that design and there is a story talking about the 12 tattoos and the reason she has them. The illustrator for that cover just took some liberties, it happened in a couple other places, especially when she was a new character there are some single odd variations but the mass of other references have a various of the 12, 4 above each ear pointing down, and two of each cheek, in one way or another.

Excited to see you finished sabers as well. :) It will be nice to see when you've painted them and added the ultra sabers components.

I have to admit I really like that single reference pic myself ;) Interesting skirt layers.

The progress of your new sabers looks really nice :) Really nice :) I think you'll wind up with a set that you'll be really proud of :)

Guest Anonymous

Some pics from my first outing as Asajj!! :D

I do have some new tattoos on these as well as I had a discussion with our CRL guy based on the comments here and we decided it was best to go with what was said here :) am happier with this myself too!

Am lucky enough to have some AWESOME obi-wan and Ashoka, as well as Anakin costumers in our Garrison, so got some excellent photos!!

(have an awful double chin effect in the first one... but still very pleased with myself, as I have lost 14lbs for this costume and dropped two dress sizes before debuting, so all in all look ALOT smaller than I would have before. Plus that neck collar is not the most flattering at the best of times ;) )

36.png

151.png

We also tried to recreate the "Gentle Giant" statue of Anakin and Ventress on the stairs ;)

34.png

35.png

1.png

PICT0027.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

Ventress.jpg

74168_1744168487992_1352158056_31909218_6812579_n.jpg

155846_10150092302801518_761126517_7185558_7643473_n.jpg

Also got to "fight" with a little girl who's youngling costume I made on commision!! Sooooo so cute! :)

DSCF6992.jpg

And then... I don't know if this is a first in the 501st... but... here's a nice story for the Flagship and Asajj costuming ;)

My now fiance Alex (RC 1584 - Sev - Delta 07) Proposed to me this weekend whilst in full armour with me in my full Ventress get-up, him lids on etc and I am pleased to say I said yes :) A Republic commanda and a Sith witch, people will talk ;) He had 4 of his clone "brothers" pointing their guns pointing at me just to make sure I'd say yes, lol

Here's some pics of the proposal for you guys :)

PICT0040.jpg

MEM2010.jpg

and I'm sure that smile isnt accurate for Asajj ;)

Guest Daritha

Aww, that's sweet. Congratulations to you guys! Now I want to see pictures of the wedding. You have to topp the proposal, you know that? XD

Fran has done an incredible job with her Asajj, im so proud to have passed the baton to a deserving costumer!

Asajj in the UKg lives on :lol: