• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan Boots help!

MJ96

Hi all, I am almost ready to submit my darth Revan Cosplay, however I am having trouble finding boots,

I have found a few different options, I am wondering which of these if any would be good as a base? I am obviously planning on cutting off the straps, and then reapplying them for the over the boot strap as per the CRL. I have seen many calf height boots on approved Revan's but the image on the CRL example also shows ankle height.
As a general rule I avoid ordering footwear online due to past bad experiences regarding foot size and particular regard to width of footwear
Any insights would be appreciated. Here are the options Ive found so far near me, Thanks!

As a side note,I am aware that a back zipper is not acceptable in option 2, they have them with no zippers as well, thats just the one i happened to grab a photo of.

ankle height.jpg

calf cheaper.jpg

calf expensive.jpg

inventory.jpg

Edited by MJ96

i seen boots like that when I was deciding on Cad Bane or Darth Revan.  In the end I decided to order from Crowprops.  As I never had good luck with boots.  So I am hoping with boots being made to my feet measurements will be better for me. 

Edited by Sume

If it really comes down to it ill buy online but id really like to avoid it, especially if i can buy local and just do some modifications to them to get em approved by cutting off and re applying the strap

• MJ96 changed the title to Darth Revan Boots help!

My boots from Crowprops shipped yesterday.  I ordered at the beginning of the month.  Took around 2 weeks or so. I was planning on taking pictures of them and noting the fit in my WIP thread.  I can keep you posted if you like.  This is the first time I will ever have had footwear actually made to my measurements before.  I am hoping it will fix the issues I normally have with boots not fitting right and chaffing the back of my heels.

i got a set of Johnny Reb medium height boots off Ebay, took them to a cobbler to get rid of all the strapping and affix straps over the top of the foot (best part was they were able to use the old strapping for this)

I need to take pictures of the boots.  I missed the delivery on Monday by minutes, but got it sorted out and received Tuesday.  I am really impressed.  I tried the boots on, and they felt snug and correct.  I can't comment on how comfortable they will be standing for long periods of time or walking yet though.  I did make mention to the sales team I would most likely need to use inserts in the boots.  As I end up having to do this with nearly all the shoes I buy.  I was pleasantly surprised they provided inserts for the boots, and also cut to fit.  They do have a zipper up the back and that is covered by a fold over leather strip that has velcro attached to hide the zipper.  I know I paid more for them but footwear is something that I feel is bad to try and go cheap on.