• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

The AV FX sabers.

Guest DarthXanthus

Guest DarthXanthus

Well as I see it I truly prefer to have most sabers able to have their blades removed. Most of them have a TCSS kit available for conversion, but the Ventress does not at this time. Further that saber was made such that it almost seems that it was designed to be as difficult to convert as possible.

In getting the ones done for my GFs Komari Vosa costume we decided to go with another LED string saber blade and electronics. This was not optimal to the whole removable blade thing, but it got us the brightness we desired, and a volume that is better than the standard sound.

The conversion work also entailed a few extras to be sure that the ones I ended up with did not suffer any damage in the learning of how to convert them.

This has left me with the core of the reason for this post. My good friend Don Close of Do-Clo Custom Sabers can do a fantastic job with converting these to either a single LED removable blade, or any other variation you wish to use.

There are certainly others that can do this as well, but these are more challenging, and he now has done 4 of them in total (if my count is right) into various configurations, some removable blade, some not.

In any case, the result will be much brighter than the standard FX saber.

I hope this is a help.