• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

Darth Revan Extras

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey everyone

I decided im definately doing a Darth Revan but need some advice.

What is the best type of gloves to use and what do the boots look like? Im planning on buying some of the parts that dont come with the costume soon so just wanted to know.

Also when it comes to 501st approval, what lightsaber would suit the character? Ive been looking around but not entirely sure what im looking for besides the colour.

Cheers everyone

Guest Anonymous

Hi there :) I'm currently 90% through my Darth Revan build (just waiting on armour and final fitting)

I've got a set of AirSoft Tactical gloves and they work well.

Boots wise i'm using a set of old Alpinestar GP motorbike boots. They are faded black, so look like Revan's :)

Lightsaber wise i imagine for 501st your going to need a Revan replica (i do design work for www.jqsabers.com and we are doing a revan saber for my costume)

Hope this helps?

(check out my WIP

)

Guest Anonymous

For gloves, these are excellent

You can get a Revan blade from most custom sabersmiths - your pick will probably depend on what country you're in. JQ are a good choice for those living in the UK (my Revan saber is a JQ) but DoClo in the States does some good glowsticks too.

Boots-wise, plain black motorcycle boots are a good bet - check out ebay for some bargains if you don't mind second hand footwear.

Guest Anonymous

Sure Deekos. Bear in mind, when I commissioned this, the only reference for Revan's saber was that it was silver and gold/brass. Since then, the 'Star Wars Encyclopedia' has come out which features Revan's saber, so don't base yours on mine :)

Here's mine next to a Darth Maul FX Saber:

stevejacksonrevansaber3xz4.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Its still very nice!! - I'm meeting the owner of JQ Sabers tonight to discuss our working relationship for me designing sabers :) Can't wait!!

My Revan and Mara Jade (g/f is doing Mara Jade costume) will be my 'sales tools' for conventions when they are made...

Guest Anonymous
Its still very nice!! - I'm meeting the owner of JQ Sabers tonight to discuss our working relationship for me designing sabers :) Can't wait!!

My Revan and Mara Jade (g/f is doing Mara Jade costume) will be my 'sales tools' for conventions when they are made...

I now do design work for for JQ :)

Guest Anonymous

for the saber I simply use a generic thing that shares design features with a couple different versions of revan's saber that I've seen. I plan to upgrade to a better one when I have the money to do so.

For the gloves I have a pair of black leather isotomer gloves. Supposedly $60 msrp gloves that I got from a wholesaler on ebay for $8. They work excellently for me and look good, no extra decorative design or anything like that.

I now do design work for for JQ :)

Gratz on that! JQsabers seem to be the best source of saber parts for us in the UK, I bought a couple of conversion kits for force FX lightsabers and a couple of dueling blades from them a couple of years ago and their communication through emails was very polite and friendly.