• Announcement

Welcome to the forums!

If you are a newly-approved member, make sure you check out the New Member Checklist!

If you are a Detachment member and can't see the member-only area, post here for access.

-DV

My Revan WIP

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello everyone, just wanting to introduce myself and give updates on my Revan built i'm doing :)

I'm Ian, from the UK - fairly new to this costuming lark but loving it. I have a generic Dark Jedi but always loved Darth Revan.....

So....i have a set of armour on order from a great guy i found on on ebay (wldwings - i think others have got his armour?) and looking forward to getting that. He is doing me enclosed bracers too :)

All the soft work (cloak, capelet, hood, shirt, pants etc )is 90% complete now, awaiting armour for final fit and adjustment. I'll post some WIP pictures once i figure out how to lol....

Ian :)

PS, my g/f is working on a Mara - Thanks Pam :) (send the PayPal)

Guest Anonymous

Ok...sorted out my Flickr....

Hopefully you'll see some WIP pictures....please ignore my face (eyes) GOD knows what i was thinking...shocking pictures lol

(Armour Photoshopped over my stupid face lol)

Guest Anonymous

The armour is from Big Water yes?

If so, you won't be disappointed with it, it is a fine and sturdy set.

Is he doing fully enclosed gauntlets yet, or still just the half gaunts? If it's the half gaunts, you'll need to mod these so that they are fully enclosed for clearance purposes.

Have you a plan for what you are going to use between the chest piece and the lower ab piece?

You probably have no comments because your pics aren't showing. I've looked at your wip pics and it's showing potential. I'm sure you'll get more input when you no longer have to photoshop the armour pieces onto your pics :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Yes, the armour is Big_Water's.....so can't wait to see it!!! I believe he is doing fully enclosed bracers for me too :) might even get him to do the full helmet version one day :)

I've not thought too much about the joining section, going to wait till i've actually got the armour to get it right....

I've edited the original post so its only got the Flickr url link now (updated Flickr pics too)

Guest Anonymous

Fully enclosed? Nice one. I shall have to give him a bell, see about replacing my modded ones.

I'm wary of the full helmet for Revan. Not because I don't think it's correct, I do. The comic blatantly tells us he wears this, and I can't see a Mando wearing a mask instead of a helmet. And the proposed idea I've heard bandied around that he cuts it in half with a lightsaber is pure speculation - nothing supports this notion, in my humble opinion.

No, the thing I am wary of is that with a helmet, your eyes tend to be further away from the visor than with a mask. Revan's visor is so thin that I fear not being able to see at all if I wore a Revan Helmet!

Big Water's stuff is really well made, it has a nice thickness to it and is well painted. You will love it.